Ladies, Pretending To Be Dumb Isn't Attractive

Ladies, Stop Trying To Hide Your Intelligence For A Boy

Pretending to be dumb isn't attractive

58

In a world where "the future is female," I find myself astounded that so many girls are still pretending to be dumb around boys because they think it makes them more attractive to them.

We live in a society full of strong, successful, and beautiful women who are doing such amazing things with their lives and have proven themselves as huge role models for all women, and yet some girls still think the key to a man's heart is by acting as if you don't know anything?

It's not helping you. All pretending to be dumb to attract boys does is hinder the growth of women all around.

A quick look at the history of women and the struggles for equality that we have and still continue to go through should be enough of an indication that being smart is beautiful. Showing off the hard work you've put in at school, in a job, at a hobby, or any other aspect of your life should be treated as a proud accomplishment, and any man you're trying to get involved with should absolutely see it as such.

If they don't, they're probably threatened by or jealous of your success, and honey, you don't want him.

Your girlfriends and your parents should not be the only people supporting your creative and academic endeavors. Especially in a lasting relationship, it is important to feel like the man in your life not only supports your intelligence but is pushing you to achieve even more.

If you pretend to be less intelligent than you are, and you do end up dating the guy, you'll never be able to break out of that cycle of acting like someone you're not. How can you want to be with someone that doesn't even know you?

"Knowledge is power" is quite cliché, but it's the truth. For the sake of all women in the past, present, and future to come, don't be afraid of your intelligence.

Embrace and flaunt it.