Poetry On Odyssey: I'm Not A Shiny New Soul
Lifestyles

My love is the same, it's old and pure.

151
girl with a backpack

I'm not a shiny fun soul. I'm not new. I'm not the most recent edition. I don't fit into the modernized world you live in. I'm not what you wish I could be. And I don't want to be.

I'm an old antique soul. I'm down to earth and tarnished with lives of experiences. I am reliable and sturdy. I don't come with instructions so don't try and use me like I do. I don't come with a lifetime warranty. You break me and I'm broken. You break me and you have to fix me the old fashioned way, with hard work. You have to fix me or you have to pay with a part of your soul to find a replacement.

There is nothing wrong with wanting the newest and shiniest out there. Just beware that if genuine is what you are looking for then you won't find another like me.

The difference between my down to earth antique soul and bright new shiny souls is that the things I give and do for others only come from the purest of love. It comes from the depth of my heart which has lived through millennia of love and heartbreak. My love is the same, it's old and pure. My love grows, it matures, it is constant, and its nothing like you've seen before.

Eventually, the things I give will simply not be enough, after time it won't have any value other than a sentimental collectible. But today is not that day. Today I am still everything you are looking for, today I'm still everything you never knew you wanted.