Why I'm Not A Feminist

Why I'm Not A Feminist

Even though I don't know the definition of feminism, I already know that's not who I am!

40
Why I'm Not A Feminist
isthisfeminist.tumblr.com

The feminism movement has become very prominent lately. I’m going to be honest here, I never even heard of feminism until the words were illuminated behind the stage at Beyoncé’s famous 2104 Video Music Awards performance. After looking at what feminism is through the very reliable source of Twitter, I immediately knew that’s not the kind of people I want to identify with. There were so many angry women talking about their irrelevant opinions. After looking at what they had to say about the movement, I came up with some conclusions to their ridiculous claims and why I would never associate myself with such a title.

1. Feminism only benefits women.

If women want equality, then why are they only concerned with themselves? Maybe they should like, consider the fact men should be involved with this movement, too. I know men who are super concerned with feminist issues and deem themselves “feninists,” but why don’t they just create a term that is for both men and women?

2. 100 percent equality is not possible.

The goal of feminism is to attain a 50/50 equality between the sexes. Sorry, but I can’t mow the lawn and I won’t make my boyfriend cook, so we can never be equal.

3. I have never felt oppressed.

Yes, me, a white, middle-class, female, because I have never been oppressed that means no other woman ever has!

4. Rape culture doesn’t exist.

If women would just lock away their confidence and wear a higher cut T-shirt, any kind of rape culture would be eliminated! (Wait, rape culture is only about clothing choices, right?)

5. I don’t free-bleed.

Free-bleeding is strictly gross and unhygienic. Do feminists even use Band-Aids?

6. Men would think I’m crazy.

Men can’t even be feminists in the first place because the movement only has to females, so I wouldn’t want them to feel left out of the club. I know what it feels like to be left out of the “Extra Twenty-Three Cents for Every Dollar” Club, so I wouldn’t want a man to feel that way either!

If would like to fuel your hate fire for feminism even more, check out the Twitter account @NoToFeminism. Not only is the content outrageously hilarious, but the composer also managers to spell “feminism” differently in every tweet.