College Students Should Make The Most Of This New Semester Following Winter Break
New Year

The end of the holiday season marks the beginning of the new semester, the perfect chance for us to have a clean slate.

40

As much as college students do not want to think about getting back to classes and the stresses of school work, the conclusion of the holiday season gives us no choice. Fortunately for us though, the new semester is a new opportunity for a fresh start in both our classes and our overall college experience. While we all wish we could stay on break forever, we should look more at the positives than the negatives going into the new semester.

A new semester allows us to start over with new classes and improve our performance if the previous semester was not the best. Whether it be a schedule you like better or the classes themselves that you enjoy more, the new semester allows us to a fresh start with our education. Besides that, if the classes from the previous semester did not go as well as you may have hoped, this new semester brings a clean slate for us to improve not only our performance but hopefully allow us to practice new approaches to our school work.

This new semester also allows us a new opportunity for our social aspect of college. For some, especially college freshman, the fall semester may not have been the best for their college social life. The new classes and time of year allow students to meet new people. A new schedule means new classmates, giving everyone more chances to get to know more people from their university. Apart from that, this semester gives us the chance to join new things we may have been too scared to join during the fall semester. Sometimes you end up being unlucky and discovering clubs or organizations you did not know about halfway through the semester. Unfortunately, this may have made us feel awkward or like it was too late to join this late into the game. However, a new semester gives us the perfect opportunity to fight against those feelings and do the things we wanted to do but was too nervous to actually end up doing.

Overall, while the educational aspect and social aspect are two positives of starting a new college semester, there are plenty more on the list. After going on break and taking a rest from the stressors of college, the new semester gives us the perfect chance to start over and make the most of a situation we may not have previously chosen to. With this new semester and the new year, us college students need to make the most of our chance at new classes and discovering who we are and what we want to do. This is the perfect time for us to change the things we were too scared to change before and improve our overall experiences. Make the most of this new semester!