reminders for bad days

5 things i need to hear on the bad days and i'm sure you do too

"At the end of the storm, there is a golden sky"

54
Photo by Peter Conlan on Unsplash

Let's face it - life is rough.

After becoming an adult, we are faced with more freedom and with that freedom comes great responsibilities that can be overwhelming, to say the least. Between finances, time management, social lives, and relationships, life can get tricky, and we often lose control of ourselves. When I feel useless, here are five reminders that I tell myself, and that you should tell yourself too.

You're not alone and everyone is dealing with their own sh*t

No. Just no.

I know it feels like the world is singling you out, but it's totally not true. Everyone has their own issues, for better or for worse, and we all have to deal with the sh*t we're served. No seriously, ask your mom, grandma, neighbor, the random barista at SBux.

Every one is dealing with some issues.

Do what makes you happy

Life isn't meant to be in one big endless cycle.

Trust me, I get it. My life feels like it's an endless routine too. However, life isn't about just existing. Time is of the essence, so make sure to do stuff that you love!

Save money and go on a trip, go on a hike by yourself! Hell, do what makes you happy! I know that my happy place is binge-watching all of the Harry Potter movies in my Ravenclaw robe and endless popcorn.

With that being said, find balance

Do what makes you happy, but don't forget to take care of business.

Life is hard, and so putting in hard work will make you succeed. There's no escaping adversity, so you might as well make life your b*tch.

Live life regret-free

So you messed up? Great, move on.

There is no need to cry over spilled milk, especially when there's more in the carton. Again, everyone makes mistakes. In the wise words of Hannah Montana, "Nobody's perfect, I gotta work it again and again till I get it right".

Your current situation is not your forever

There will always be a storm before the blue skies. Your current situation is not your forever!

Life is so unexpected and spontaneous, who knows, you might end up marrying the next Prince of England, and become Queen! That's the best part about life: who knows where it will take you.

So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.