These Maisie Peters Tracks Are Pure Pop Perfection

The greatest British export deserves all the praise

815
Edited by Hailey Hastings

When I was thinking about starting this series where I broke down my “Top Ten” tracks by artists I love, I knew Maisie Peters had to be first up on the list. “The Good Witch” is all I've been listening to lately, and Maisie has genuinely soundtracked so much of the last few years of my life. I truly think she is the future of pop music, from the way she's able to master a chorus, a true larger-than-life pop chorus, to her relationship with her pen, all the makings are right there.

Stream “The Good Witch” here!

You’re Just A Boy (And I’m Kinda The Man)

This is such a Taylor Swift-coded song, and that chorus? That is the definition of pure pop perfection

And one hell of a way to let a man know the way you view him.

Favorite Lyric: “ I take in clowns like a one woman circus”

Brooklyn

I’ve only been to Brooklyn once, however, do i scream this song like someone who regularly is walking the streets of Brooklyn? Yes i do! The version of me that is desperate for a move to NYC to live out my Carrie Bradshaw dreams hangs onto this song like no other.

Favorite Lyric: “Come on have you seen those eyes? It’s nothing but the best for her”

Lost The Breakup

There simply isn’t a chorus that makes me scream louder than this one. This song came out not too long after a breakup with my boyfriend of a year, and i was looking around realizing i wasn’t sulking, and was living my life and screaming these lyrics with the biggest smile on my face.

Favorite Lyric: “I’m kinda busy, but Like, stay in touch??”

Favourite Ex

This song was my introduction to Maisie Peters (literally thank god for this song) and had me hooked from the very first listen. ‘Favorite Ex’ genuinely destroyed me. I don’t remember the last time i listened to this song and didn’t ugly cry. And hearing it live was genuinely a religious experience.

Favorite Lyric: “You were my gold rush to cold touch”

Elvis Song

I am an Elvis Stan and am always drinking cheap wine. it’s really that simple, Maisie Peters looked into my life and decided to write a song specifically for me.

Favorite Lyric: “I was scared to throw my heart off the edge”

The Band and I

This song genuinely makes me cry. it’s such a beautiful celebration of friendship and a precious kind of love. All of the callbacks to specific moments, the larger than life feel. I can just tell that in 10 years Maisie is still going to be singing these songs with these people and it’s something that i think is really incredible to be able to put to music.

Favorite Lyric: “It was magic, babe, pure and strong”

Coming of Age

The line “baby I’m the Iliad, of course you couldn’t read me” just by itself is enough to make this song make my top ten Maisie Peters tracks. I actually squealed when i heard it for the first time. ‘Coming of Age’ makes me feel like the main character and I want to soak up that energy as long as possible.

Favorite Lyric: Baby, I’m the Iliad, of course you couldn't read me”

Blonde

As an unhinged girl who also dyed her hair Blonde on impulse, I couldn’t relate to this song more. Maisie truly took over TikTok when this track came out, everyone was dying their hair and forgetting about their exes, it was beautiful.

Favorite Lyric: Is that an angel? No, it’s your ex.”

Wendy

The lyrics to this song are absolutely top tier. “Behind every lost boy there’s always a Wendy” is just unreal. This song feels timeless, and in my opinion, is the most singer-songwriter-forward track on The Good Witch. Which is really saying something, Considering the relationship to her pen we are seeing Maisie flex throughout the duration of The Good Witch

Favorite Lyric: “What about my wings? What about Wendy?”

Cate’s Brother

‘Cate’s Brother’ was a cultural reset. Genuinely. The whole of TikTok was captivated, me included. Going absolutely feral for this track. And guess what? I still am.

Favorite Lyric: Love him. he’s the one and we shall wed”

Connect with Maisie Peters:

Instagram

Twitter

TikTok

Connect with me:

Email: (For press inquiries/interview inquiries/partnerships only) underpnkskiess@gmail.com

Instagram

Twitter