Transferring colleges and moving back to your hometown
popular

The adjustment, what to expect, how to get through it, and what scriptures help. 

1197
https://odysseyimages.s3.amazonaws.com/cropped_HJgTlAmHM.jpeg

I made a decision to leave my hometown during my senior year and move two hours away to a college that I thought I would love.....turns out that wasn’t the case. 

The first month was definitely the hardest, being away from friends and family and living on my own, and it began to get easier, but before I knew it I was begging my mom to let me come home. I knew that this college wasn’t the fit for me and some people just aren’t ready to leave home that soon, and that was me. 

Looking back, part of me wishes I would’ve stayed, just to get the college experience of being on my own, but after praying about it and weighing my options, I realized I made the best decision for where I was in life. 

After transferring home, some people may need to take a semester off to de-stress, clear their heads and figure their life out, so thats what I did. The following summer I went back to school and it was so much easier for me and I felt myself doing better, not just in school, but in life. My mom wishes I would’ve stayed as well, and some parents may not be as welcoming to the idea, but most should understand if you explain that you are doing it to better yourself. 

Sometimes God throws obstacles at you meant to challenge you and to help you grow as a person, and how you deal with those obstacles shows whether or not you are ready to move into the next season of your life or not. 

Pray about it. Look to God for help. Talk to someone. Weigh your options. Where are you in life? Are you happy with who you are and if not what steps can you take to better yourself? Even if it means leaving school to find yourself, it may be exactly what is needed. 

God has a plan for everyone and even though it may not feel like it’s where or what you need, His way is always good and it is never meant to hurt you, only to grow you as a person and get you on the path you are meant to be on. 

Some scriptures that helped me through this hard time: 

Joshua 1:9; Psalm 56:3; Proverbs 3:5-6; Deuteronomy 31:6; Ecclesiastes 3:1; Isaiah 43:19; Jeremiah 29:11. 

Trust in the lord and lean not on your own understanding...