Thank you to Softball
Parents

To Softball:I owe this to you and more

Thanks for keeping me sane in a world that sometimes drives me insane. I'm forever grateful for you.

22
To Softball:I owe this to you and more

Dear Softball,

To some people, you might just be irrelevant or unnecessary. But to me, you have been my absolute world since I could pick up a bat and a ball. I am forever indebted to you. You've taught me numerous things ranging from countless dugout cheers I'll forever remember, to never give up on anything you set your mind to. I'm so thankful for all the memories you've helped me make along the way. Thank you for the highs, the lows, the ups and downs. Every single bit of it. The intense games where my mom is biting her nails in the stands, the celebrations, the history that i got to be a part of making, the many slumps i encounter, and all the bruises and injuries I have/yet to face. I wouldn't even trade the lessons you taught me by losing a game.

At the age of 4 years old, I got just a glimpse of what my life would be like the next 14 years with you. These past 14 years have been nothing short of difficult, but I wouldn't change one single thing about it. You have shaped me into the person I am today in the best way possible.

You've made my life tough that's for dang sure, but I have grown into a stronger person with thicker skin because of it. You made me miss a lot of experiences throughout middle school and high school, but you've also given me so many opportunities that others don't get or receive. There were countless times I dreaded going to practice or the many weekend tournaments because it meant I would have to miss hanging out with my friends. You made me leave birthday parties early because I had to be up before the sun rose the next day. Sometimes I think I can't do anything without seeing whether or not it interferes with you. But, I'm not sure what I'd be doing if it wasn't for you. My parents have made countless sacrifices for me to be able to play the sport I love. They've worked so hard to be able to provide and support my passion of playing softball on any team I am a part of which I will forever be thankful for.

You've made my life so fun and interesting. I've made so many memories because of you. So many opportunities in life were opened because of you, So many friendships were made that I would have never gotten the chance to make if it weren't for you. I would have never met my 11 best friends on my travel softball team that have now turned into 11 sisters. These people and more have shaped me into the person I am becoming and hope to be. I got to experience the heartbreak of losing a tough game, to the loud chants after winning against my teams rival. You taught me how to think under pressure in a competitive game, and to win in the biggest moment.

So thank you. Thank you for being that thing that makes my dad and I so close. Thank you for being the relief in my world full of chaos. Thank you for teaching me to work hard for what I want. You have taught me to never settle for something that I don't want. I'm not sure where my life would be if I didn't have you in it. But I am forever grateful for what you've taught me and what I have yet to learn. Thank you for everything!