What .00002% Of Jeff Bezos' Net Worth Could Buy Me

2,222 packs of frozen meatballs from IKEA.

43

As of November 16, 2019, CNN reports that Jeff Bezos now has a net worth of $108.7 billion dollars which is just under Bill Gates' net income of $110 billion dollars. This amount of money is simply unfathomable for any one person to possess, and it can be sickening to think about, especially when in October of 2018, 11.8% of the United States population was still using food stamps to buy basic groceries for them and their families. Intrigued yet? Check this out. Jeff Bezos is "20% richer than the British monarchy." Jeff Bezos' net worth is "the equivalent to the entire Slovakia GDP." Jeff Bezos' "net worth is greater than the GDP of Iceland, Afghanistan, and Costa Rica — combined." So let me put this into greater perspective for you. A mere .00002% of Jeff Bezos' $108.7 billion dollar net worth is $21,740 dollars. Go ahead, look at that figure again. That could provide a lot of people opportunities and essentials that they are currently surviving without.

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... a whole year of tuition at my college (and my books)

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... a new 2013 Ford Fusion

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... 5 years worth of health insurance premiums in my state

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... school lunches for about 9,000 elementary students

The average cost for an elementary school lunch is just $2.48, and this small number is causing a lot of frustrations lately because parents struggle to pay this, or forget to put money in their child's account and their child is often refused lunch.

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... treatment for a concussion and the ambulance ride to get there (my 2013 Ford Fusion is in the shop after hitting a Michigan pothole.)

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... 70 new laptops (found on Amazon.com)

So, I probably don't need 70 new laptops, but the thought is there.

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... 4 years worth of my groceries

That is assuming that I spend roughly $100 dollars worth of groceries per week.

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... 5 years worth of out-of-pocket diabetic costs

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... 15 years of Venti Cafe Lattes every day from Starbucks

But let's be honest, I'm more of a caramel macchiato kind of guy anyway.

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... 2,222 packs of frozen meatballs from IKEA

My grandmother would be thrilled, now she can make her famous Christmas meatballs for the next 1,000 years! (Assuming she is using 2 bags per Christmas meal).

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... 40 Death star Lego kits

That is assuming that each kit is about $553 dollars and I was really bored...for a while.

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... 22,183 cans of Campbell's Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup

I've never really been a Ramen Noodle kind of guy, I wanted to step up the class a bit.

.00002% of Jeff Bezos' net worth could buy me... 100 pit stage left V.I.P. tickets to the Ariana Grande World Tour Concert on December 1st, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. in Jacksonville, Florida

I use Venmo.

Now, these may seem a little crazy right? Like, why in the hell would I need 2,222 packs of frozen meatballs from IKEA, 15 years of Starbucks Venti Cafe Lattes or 22,183 cans of chicken noodle soup? But what is even crazier is that one man possesses more money than the entire GDP of three countries combined. Now, who's crazy? But here is the real kicker: Amazon paid $0 in federal taxes this past year. A company that is valued at more than $800 billion paid ZERO in taxes. Doesn't that seem odd to you?

"I love money. I love everything about it. I bought some pretty good stuff. Got me a $300 pair of socks. Got a fur sink. An electric dog polisher. A gasoline-powered turtleneck sweater. And, of course, I bought some dumb stuff, too." -Steve Martin