I Am Not Enough

I Am Not Enough

But, my efforts will always matter.

25
I Am Not Enough
trinhkein19

Do you ever have one of those days where every possible thing that could go wrong does? Your day seems to be a series of sad attempts with no resolutions. By the end of the day, you are totally exhausted.

There is nothing but the small voice in the back of your head, reminding you of your worst fear:

I am not enough.

I am not enough. I have failed the expectations of my family. I have been unable to maintain the high standards they know I am capable of. I have made selfish mistakes that have stunted my growth. I have wasted my potential.

I am not enough. I have failed the needs of my friends. No matter how much I try to provide support in a multitude of ways, I always fall short. I am unable to aid them in overcoming the obstacles in their everyday lives. I cannot save them from the uneasiness of being a young adult, especially one in college. I cannot protect them from the inevitable pain and suffering they must experience.

I am not enough. I have disappointed every person who ever believed in me. I have ruined the opportunities that I was lucky enough to receive. I have hurt those I loved. I have allowed my voice to be silenced by my fears. I have continued time and time again to show this world a million reasons why I am not enough.

But, despite my shortcomings, I matter.

Regardless of how often my failures are illuminated by both myself and others, I have always succeeded in trying. Every day, I strive to give to this world. I seek to share my love with those around me. I give everything I have. Some days, it won't be enough. But, any effort is never wasted. Trying is never useless.

Don't give up on yourself. The only true failure is quitting.