How To Stay On Track To Your Goals

The Easiest Way To Reach Your Goals In The New Year

With the New Year right around the corner, do you know how to make your goals happen?

87
https://www.pexels.com/photo/pen-calendar-to-do-checklist-3243/

With the New Year right around the corner, it is a perfect time to think about what you want most in life, the places you're trying to go and the things you want to achieve. Now, what's stopping you from getting there? It is said, "a goal without a plan is a wish", so how do you make that transition from a goal to a plan?

You can wish for that new car, that stronger physique, or that new job, but how do you get there? Surely not by sitting around and waiting for those things to just magically happen.

The first step in reaching your goals is declaring them, what is it that you want? Write these goals down in a place you can check back in on them. This will be your reference in making sure you're on track. This works with weekly, monthly, or even life goals. Whatever goals they are, just write them down.

The next step is determining when you want these goals to be reached. Set a time frame or a date that you anticipate they will be attained. Say you want to lose 10 pounds in three months, save enough money for your dream car in two years, or even bring all your grades up by the last day of the semester. No matter how far or close you want the goal to be reached by, set the time. This is going to be a very crucial step because remember, any goal without a plan is just a wish.

After you have decided what it is you want, and when you want it by, it is time to decide how you are going to get there. If it's saving money, maybe you put a certain amount away every week or designate how often you plan to study every day in order to get those grades up. Maybe you don't even know how to fully get there, and that's okay. Simply figure out the first step, how to at least start the path to those goals.

The final and most important step in reaching those goals is reciting them. Something so straightforward and foolproof. Literally, just recite them. When you wake up, before you go to bed, throughout the day if you have a minute or two of free time. Reciting them keeps you on track, it keeps them subconsciously in the back of your head to that you are always aware of the steps you need to take. Keep rereading them until you get there and do not lose sight of them.

These steps might seem simple, and that is because they are. You have the ultimate power, only you can push yourself to your goals. It is so easy to say "I want to have enough money for a car", but without planning how to manage that, you can easily get caught up in everyday life, spending that money on daily coffees or splurging on unnecessary things.

It all comes down to what you want more. The moment you realize you are single-handedly, the only thing stopping you from what you desire in life, you become unstoppable. Do you want to wish for that summer body, or do you want to work for it? The choice is yours.