I Didn't Cry At 'A Star Is Born'

I'm Now Heartless Because I Didn't Cry At 'A Star Is Born'

I was expecting so much more but it just didn't hit me

157

Here I am to tell you all that I am officially heartless because I didn't cry at "A Star is Born."

I hadn't seen the movie until this past Sunday. I didn't have much going on that night so I decided to take a little me time and rent a movie I hadn't seen that I have been wanting to see ever since it came out back in October. Being a busy college student, I don't have many opportunities to get to the movie theater that often. My mom had seen it before me when it first came out and warned me she sobbed through the movie and basically that it was the saddest movie she'd ever seen.

I was expecting to just sit there and sob the entirety of the movie but I barely cried at all. Not trying to give away any spoilers, but I did tear up at the end a little, but I was far from sobbing.

Being that this movie was up for multiple Oscar nominations, I was a little disappointed. I thought that the storyline was too predictable and that it lessened the blow of the ending. Don't get me wrong there was a lot of things I enjoyed about the movie as well. I am now a believer in the song "Shallow" and I thought both Lady Gaga's and Bradley Cooper's acting was incredible especially Lady Gaga since she's not typically known as an actress.

Overall, the movie was OK, the acting was great and the soundtrack was top notch. I was expecting more out of the story and was definitely expecting to cry a LOT more but I enjoyed a night to myself and watching a movie is not something I typically do.