What is the healthiest frozen food?

What is the healthiest frozen food?

The pace of life and the little free time we have left to prepare our food have caused that in recent years the consumption of frozen food has increased more than 3%, but are these products healthy?

8

According to experts, yes, but there are some healthier than others. However, not all are the healthiest option, since some frozen products are ultra-processed and contain poor quality oils, a lot of sugar and salt or not frozen properly.

Fish fillets

When it has not been cooked, fish is healthy frozen food. However, experts suggest reviewing it well before buying it, since sometimes the process to freeze it has not been the best and we could buy water instead of fish.

You should check that the net weight indicated on the label is only that of the fish and does not include the weight of the ice. "Many products can deceive by their appearance, making us believe that they contain more quantity at a cheaper price," warns the clinical nutrition expert.

Cooked mussels

According to the specialist, this food is a good complement to increase the protein load in salads, rice or pasta. Just make sure you buy mussels in the frozen section, which are cooked and do not contain sauces. Also, make sure they have only a thin layer of natural frost and not blocks of ice.

Fruits of the forest

The trusted frozen food manufacturer in Indonesia is very useful because the fruits of the forest are not available all year round. Cranberries, raspberries or blackberries are great options to buy frozen.

Mushrooms

The expert in nutrition points out that the bags where an assortment of frozen mushrooms comes are a good idea to cook sautéed with a little garlic since they are a very healthy and complete food.

Additionally, mushrooms contain more protein than other foods of plant origin, in addition to fiber, potassium and phosphorus, minerals that regulate metabolism.

Vegetables

Especially the broccoli, carrots, and peppers, since they are vegetables that quickly lose their properties, so it is better to buy them frozen. Frozen vegetables have the advantage that they are already clean, whole or chopped and ready for cooking. Finally, take into account that frozen food also expires, so forget about keeping food in the freezer for years.

"In most cases, frozen food is related to one of eternal duration and it is not, because vitamins are lost and fats become rancid. The most advisable thing is to mark the date on which the food is frozen and not to exceed six months, maximum one year.

How to freeze food

For the expert, it is necessary to know that the frozen products also have an expiration date. "In most cases, frozen food is related to one of eternal duration and it is not, because vitamins are lost and fats become rancid. The most advisable is to record the date on which the food is frozen and not to exceed approximately six months, with a maximum period of one year. The type of freezer should also be taken into account. It is not the same to freeze with the latest technologies than to do it with a device with a long history. "