Halsey And Lana Del Rey Lyrics For Your Next Instagram Caption

Will you still love me, when I'm no longer Young & Beautiful?...We are the New Americana.

391
Caitlin Lewis

I've recently been on a girl-power kick fueled by artists such as Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande but being the musically adventurous lady I am, I can't forget to add the magical, soul-seeping, rhythm dreamlike-state that electropop singer Halsey and indie pop goddess Lana Del Rey produce. I think one reason, out of many, that tons of my friends and young spirits out there relate to their art is because each of their songs unfolds like a story, and each track seems to strike you with emotion. Here's my list of their most identifiable lyrics:

Lana Del Rey

"They judge me like a picture book by the colors like they forgot to read"

–"Brooklyn Baby"

"No one's gonna take my soul away"

–"Gods and Monsters"

"Been tryin' hard not to get into trouble, but I've got a war in my mind"

–"Ride"

"And there's no remedy for memory your face is like a melody, it won't leave my head"

–"Dark Paradise"

"Heaven is a place on earth with you"
–"Video Games"

"Now my life is sweet like cinnamon like a f*ckin' dream I'm livin' in"

–"Radio"

"Let's take Jesus off the dashboard, got enough on his mind"

–"Diet Mountain Dew"

"I got my red dress on tonight d
ancing in the dark in the pale moonlight

done my hair up real big beauty queen style

high heels off, I'm feeling alive"

–"Summertime Sadness"

Halsey

"You can't wake up, this is not a dream

You're part of a machine, you are not a human being

With your face all made up, living on a screen

Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline" – Halsey

"My heart is gold and my hands are cold"

–"Gasoline"

"I promised myself I wouldn't let you complete me"

–"Is There Somewhere"

"I'm the violence in the pouring rain

I'm a hurricane"

–"Hurricane"

"You're dripping like a saturated sunrise

You're spilling like an overflowing sink"

"You're ripped at every edge, but you're a masterpiece"

–"Colors"

"I'm meaner than my demons"

–"Control"

"Sick of all these people talking, sick of all this noise

Tired of all these cameras flashing, sick of being poised"

–"Castle"

If these beautiful lines and powerful imagery haven't struck you, at least give their most recent singles a chance ("Love" -Lana Del Rey & "Not Afraid Anymore" - Halsey). Lana and Halsey are two of my favorite female forces in Hollywood right now for how they carry themselves and seem so unapologetically genuine and seem to have fun while doing so...