Hailey Bieber Threw Shade At Selena Gomez' New Single And It's Too Late Now To Say Sorry

Selena's happiness is the perfect ending to this sob story.

13736
YouTube

Selena Gomez released her new single, "Lose You To Love Me" on Tuesday night, and Hailey Bieber was throwing some shade that Selena did NOT deserve.

I don't need to go into detail dissecting the lyrics to convince you that Selena's song is about Justin Bieber, it's obvious.

Just several minutes after Selena's song dropped, Hailey posted this to her Instagram story:

@haileybieber on Instagram

You do not need to be a rocket scientist to figure out she is throwing some serious shade.

Hailey responded to an Instagram post pointing out her "alleged" shade and completely denied it. I don't buy it.

In just a few months after Selena and Justin Bieber split last year, he was engaged to Hailey and getting married very soon after.

In Selena's new single she sings:

In two months, you replaced us / Like it was easy / Made me think I deserved it in the thick of healing

Her lyrics are not cryptic, they are not subtle, she was open and raw in expressing her pain and healing in this song.

I will continue to defend Selena through this because she is a musical artist who uses her own experiences to create the art that makes her so successful. Not only is it her job, but it's her prerogative to emote and express herself in whatever way helps her.

So, Hailey, in the wise words that most people are probably preaching to you right now: get over it.

Selena had a very long, and what seemed to be a complicated, relationship. And the reason she is probably releasing this song right now is because IT WASN'T THAT LONG AGO.

You married the man, you know where his heart lies, so be happy with that.

Don't relish in someone else's hurt, and don't tear them down when they heal.

Sometimes music isn't about pettiness or revenge, it's about healing and moving on.

It is very easy to become jealous or insecure in this day and age, especially when it comes to relationships. Whether or not Hailey was trying to get a point across that this song pissed her off, it was not right and it did not go unnoticed.

I hope Justin and Hailey sleep well at night knowing that their shade is helping to funnel money into Selena's pocket as they unintentionally promote her song.

Selena was quintessentially herself when she blocked out the shade with this final Instagram story:

@selenagomez on Instagram

This song was the perfect closure to the epic Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber saga.

Let's close the book on this drama, shall we?