Poetry On Odyssey: Growing Spring
Health Wellness

Poetry On Odyssey: Growing Spring

They say you can't teach a flower to bloom // You just give it food, water, sun, and some room.

59
Single flower beginning to bloom in the grass

Sometimes, when we're rushing through life, I feel like it's really necessary to just pause and put things into perspective. Taking the time to reset and look at the big picture helps us figure out what is most important. From there, it's a much less complicated task to prioritize some things over another.

As cliche and oversaid as it may sound, what's inside of us is what comes out. When we're peaceful, our focus is clearer. But when we're overwhelmed, everything becomes difficult. The happier we are on the inside, the easier it is to go through (and grow through) life. This poem is a testimony to that.

They say you can't teach a flower to bloom
You just give it food, water, sun, and some room.

What it does from there isn't ours to judge
Whether it sprouts, it blossoms, or it doesn't budge.

Can you do that to yourself;
Not stress, be patient, have a moment of rest?

So caught up in the futures we've dreamt
We forget this moment awaits, get ready, get set

But wait it's gone, in the blink of an eye
'Oh, it's time,' we say, it just passes by.

The funny thing is, though, if we just stop and breathe
Time seems slower and we get our much-needed peace.

The stem of happiness then begins from there
Once it grows, always treat it with care.

It may wither and wrinkle but it will not die
Its home is a place with an endless sky.

Then try not to think about what time will bring
Focus instead on your blooming, perpetual spring.

Don't feel guilty about filling yourself up before reaching out to the world. In fact, it's the only sustainable way to give.