The 'Frozen 2' Soundtrack Isn't As Exciting As The First, But The Meaning Is MUCH Deeper

Praise to Disney for letting it grow.

23

When "Frozen" first came out, it erupted through the Internet like a bomb that went viral. Except it was so very, very viral. It's Disney, for goodness sake. Featuring two sisters, one born with magic, one born without, "Frozen" describes a journey of Elsa, the sister born with magic leaving the kingdom after hiding it from her own kingdom after her parents passed after a daunting boat expedition. Anna, her sister, sets out to follow her and on her way meets Kristoff, her soon to be husband, etc. Elsa never found herself. I mean, sure, she found herself through sisterhood and knowing what it was to be at peace with her own magical powers, but she never got to understand it -- its origins, why she got it, whether she was the only one. In other words, she never really found a place for her to really belong.

Then comes "Frozen 2," the sequel. The sequel that was promised to give an origin to Elsa's powers and her own identity. To let her have a happy ending. That part did not lie. A specific song that was in the movie "Into the Unknown," was a powerful soundtrack, even though most people believed it did not measure up to "Let it Go" in the first movie. I mean, of course not. It is simply not as powerful or rebellious. But "Into the Unknown" was the song that made Elsa discover who she is.

Comparing discovering one's own identity with acting like a rebellious teenager, I would personally conclude the most important aspect is to discover one's own self worth and identity in the world. Anna already found her own life: it was with her sister, and with her friends Olaf and Kristoff. Elsa was left to be the older sister that was to hold responsibility for her sister and for the kingdom. But did she really want that? People haven't stopped to consider whether Elsa really wanted this fate.

Deep within, Elsa wanted to know how she got the powers, ever since she was little. When the King and Queen told Elsa and Anna the story of the enchanted forest, Elsa had wanted to know the histories and how it came to be. Anna was always her rebellious and adventurous self. "Frozen 2" was a fantastic debut and showed that wherever you are in life, you can always find yourself by taking risks and following your heart. Yes, Disney always gives these characters a happy ending, but in reality, you can never find that happy ending unless you try. "Frozen 2" may not be as impactful as "Frozen," but it gives a good ending for the main character.