To the Kids Touring Colleges
Education

To the Kids Touring Colleges

Keep an open mind, and buy a tshirt.

103
To the Kids Touring Colleges
Author

I have been in college for almost three full years now, which means I started touring colleges around four years ago, but it feels like it was forever ago. Now, my brother is starting his college tours, and it had me reminiscing on the times campuses seemed huge and scary. The times you could not have bought out enough of the bookstore and the times you were absolutely convinced you would get lost a billion times on campus, if you ever could pick a campus.

I took official visits and tours at three schools, and went to look around at a fourth. So to the kids out there that know where you want to go or what you are specifically looking for, it is okay to only look at a couple. To the kids that have no clue what they want, it is okay if you need to go look at 20. Look at all the schools in your state. Look at all of the schools around your state. Look at schools on the other side of the country, if you want, just look.

The only rule is that you keep an open mind when you go. If you have had your heart set on a specific school for the last 10 years of your life, thats cool. But if you have never actually been there, do not build it up to be too much in your mind so that it does not let you down. Odds are, it won't let you down, my dream school didn't let me down, but i did not end up there.

The thing is, some schools look pretty but some have better majors, scholarships, and opportunities.

Keep your mind open, take lots of pictures, and buy yourself a tshirt to remember it. You won't regret it.