6 Last-Minute Gifts to Get Your Dad 0n Father's Day

Yes, it is this Sunday

21
SparkLife

So, you still haven’t figured out what to get your dad for Father’s Day. Don’t worry! You still have a few days left before you and your siblings face-off in the family’s annual tackiest tie and golf ball competition. Why not get creative this year and give your dad something that really shows he needs to give you the keys to the car so you can go get him a real gift later.

1. A sticker book.

Everyone loves stickers! Even your dad! Turn it into a fun game and hide stickers around your house for him to find and collect when he's least expecting it. No, of course he won't find it childish and demeaning. And even if he does, guess who just got a brand new sticker book! (Hint: It's you.)

2. A humorous handmade card.

Save the sappy stuff for Christmas. Father's Day is all about making your dad laugh, even if you're not funny! Make a witty comment about his age or how difficult if must have been to raise you. That'll send him rolling in the aisles. Don't forget to add lots of stickers. Everyone loves stickers!

3. A hug.

Sometimes, you just need to hug it out. Show off that arm day muscle and your brand new deodorant by giving your dad a good old hug session. Warning: Your dad will ask you where his real gift is. Have an ugly tie ready.

4. Mr. Baddy: The sock poppet that makes you look great.

Every now and then, your dad needs reminding that you could have turned out worse. Unfortunately, none of your friends are willing to pretend to be felons when they come to visit. Worry no more! All you need is a tube sock, a couple of googly eyes, and little bit of experience in ventriloquism. Meet Mr. Baddy! With a bad attitude and a wild looking haircut, he'll take you from problem child to to honor student in seconds; no bumper sticker required.

5. Coupons.

No, not those cheesy personal ones where you can redeem a free hug or a nice smile. Grab the latest issue of your local coupon book or go online and cut all the coupons that might be applicable to your dad. Put them in a nice box and say, "Look, I'm going out tomorrow. Where do you want a gift card from?"

But maybe the most important gift you can give to your dad this Father's Day is:

6. Some peace and quiet.

Honestly, you spent a good chunk of your life screaming your head off at him. You can stay quiet for five seconds and let him have a nap for once.

Happy Father's Day, everyone.