8 Frequently Asked Questions You Only Get As A Twin
Siblings

Oh my god, they were wombmates...

310
Personal Photo

Fun fact about me - I have a twin brother! In honor of National Twin Day which occurs during the first weekend in August each year, I decided to answer some of the most frequently asked questions my brother and I have received about being a twin.

1. Can you feel when the other is hurt?

Personal Photo

Too bad that this is just a myth. We swear we've had moments when we're apart where we feel like something is wrong with the other twin and had been right, though.

2. Who is the oldest?

Personal Photo

Does this matter? (Although when I want to use the fact that I was born three minutes before my brother against him, then yes, it does.) We've also been asked which of us is smarter... we'll let you decide.

3. Can you read each other's minds?

We like to think so. This question makes us feel like superheroes, which we totally are.

4. Are you identical?

This one just makes us laugh.

5. Do you look alike?

Personal Photo

We are twins, remember? Our blue eyes and matching hair color don't get overlooked.

6. Do you get along?

Twins and Cousin

Personal Photo

All siblings fight, and my twin is no exception. (We also have two younger sisters who join in.)

7. Are you close?

Personal Photo

It's hard to be together for almost twenty years and not be. The longest we were ever apart was when the two of us left for college last year. It was hard at first but I soon realized he was just a phone call or short drive away. College definitely helped us gain more independence as well, but nothing can break that twin bond.

8. What's it like being a twin? Do you like it?

Personal Photo

This question is tough to answer. Being a twin really is a lot of fun. Having someone by your side from the start is something that not many people get to experience. It's a pretty special thing to be and I wouldn't change it!