14 Verses To Help You Understand Your Feelings

With help from the characters from 'Inside Out'

27

It Is so easy to get overwhelmed in life. And once we are overwhelmed it is so easy to be taken over with emotion. Emotions such as anger, joy, fear, sadness and disgust. And the solution is so simple, so easy to do and of course it is the one thing we often overlook. The one thing we often forget. The solution is easy and it is to search and study the bible. And often it is the last thing we do when it really should be the first to occur. Here are some of my favorite verses from the bible dealing with these certain emotions.

Anger.

Proverbs 14:29 (ESV): Whoever is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who has a hasty temper exalts folly.

Ephesians 4:26 (ESV) Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger,

Numbers 14:18 (ESV) ‘The Lord is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression

Joy.

Habakkuk 3:18 (ESV) yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation.

Philippians 2:2 (ESV) complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.

Proverbs 17:22 (ESV) A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.FEAR:

Fear.

Deuteronomy 6:13 (ESV) It is the Lord your God you shall fear. Him you shall serve and by his name you shall swear.

Psalm 27:1 (ESV) The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold[a] of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 34:4 (ESV) I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

Sadness.

*It seems my sadness comes more when my anxiety is playing a factor so for sadness I instead looked up anxiety.*

Matthew 6:25 (ESV) “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

Matthew 6:34 (ESV) “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Philippians 4:6 (ESV) do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Disgust.

*For disgust I found verses instead on boasting.*

Proverbs 27:1 (ESV) Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

1 Corinthians 1:31 (ESV) so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

It is so easy to fall in to being overwhelmed and the various emotions that come with it. When it comes to feelings of anger, joy, fear, sadness and disgust. But it has an easy solution and that is opening your bible and studying God’s wonderful word.