Doesn’t Know Me: A Poem About Jealousy

Doesn’t Know Me: A Poem About Jealousy

"It came back like always, the feeling of unease."

8

I saw Ramona this morning. We started talking for a bit. David interrupted us and stole her away. I think I hate David, but he doesn't know me.

Ramona and I were walking home after school.

Here comes cool guy David ruining the mood.

I swear I hate David, but he doesn't know me.

I saw David talking to Ramona by her locker today. What the hell was I supposed to do, what was I supposed to say. To hell with David, even if he doesn't know me.

They were laughing together. Looked like they were having a good time. That son of a bitch. I know his aim now, who cares if he doesn't know me.

We celebrated our 1 year today. She said she loves only me. That day I forgot about David. I'm sure he wasn't thinking about me. Why would he. Besides, he doesn't know me.

David congratulated us on our anniversary.

Told us we were a cute couple. I don't get it, is he really happy for us? Could he be? For Christ sakes, he doesn't even know me.

They're hanging out today. Ramona and David

The feelings still there. Why won't it let me be.

I should hate David, but I really don't know him, just like he doesn't know me

David doesn't know me, he knows Ramona.

I saw them hug each other goodbye before her date with me. Why do I hate David? I don't know him, and he doesn't know me.

They went out together. I told her to have fun.

It came back like always, the feeling of unease. He doesn't know me, that's always been clear to see. I'm too busy blaming David, when I didn't even know the problem's been me.