I Turned My Old Pair of Leggings Into a Shirt!
Beauty Fashion

I Turned My Old Pair Of Leggings Into A Shirt!

Turning your old clothes into something that you can wear everyday!

96
Personal Photo

Have you ever found yourself going through your closet, searching through endless amounts of clothes only to find that you actually have nothing to wear?

Well, that is me all the time.

I feel like I struggle constantly to find something that will me "good". I always watch on Instagram, Facebook, and even Snapchat about videos of people transforming their old clothes into something fun and trendy. Let's rewind the story a little bit to last Thursday:

My usual plans for Thursday are school and then coaching color guard; last Thursday we did not have guard so I had a free night. What to do with my time? Then the idea hit me:

THE MALL.

My heart was full of excitement, but my wallet was trembling in fear; especially when it came to Charlotte Russe. In there, I feel like I can spend hours in there just trying on different clothes. So of course, my wallet is still trembling and telling me to just pick ONE thing. And so I did, a little white dress with spaghetti straps.

Flash forward to that Saturday:

After a LOOOOONG day of work, I get home to get ready to go out with one of my best friends. She is sending me pictures of what she's going to wear, while I am trying to figure our what I should wear with my new dress. It's about twenty-six degrees out, and I don't want to be freezing the whole night.

Eventually, my friend tells me to wear a black long sleeve shirt. The only problem with this is that the only shirts I have like that are v-neck, and when I did try on the dress with the shirt; it did not look cute at all. at this point, I am laying on a pile of clothes knowing that I only have a little bit of time to get ready. I am frustrated and angry.

Why does everything look terrible?

Then, in a pile that is supposed to be donated, I find a pair of all black fleece leggings. Another light bulb went off: Make it into a shirt! I had seen soo many videos of people doing it and the "shirts" looking really cute, but at the same time, I felt like I would totally screw it up.

Just send it.

That phrase kept popping in my mind, and so I finally sent it. The "shirt" actually came out really well! my outfit looked cute and people kept telling me how adorable it was! Plus, the fleece leggings did keep me warm in the chilly night.

Overall, I feel like some of the DIY videos you see are sketchy, but the leggings are a for sure go to!