Dear Mr. Barack Obama

Dear Mr. Barack Obama

A letter from me to you.

18
Dear Mr. Barack Obama
business.tutsplus.com

Dear President Barack Obama,

How are you doing? I’m fine in case you were wondering. I decided to write this letter on a whim. I never once considered doing it until about a week ago. I hope you read this. That would be cool if you did. What are the chances? Oh, well, if you are reading this, that means that the Secret Service doesn’t horde things away from you. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you two things: 1) Your family is really cool. Like really cool. You guys are so down to earth and just chill. I don’t know how to describe it, but, you guys are, as we teens say, #GOALS. 2) Thanks for staying true to who you are and thank you for showing us kids that we too can pursue our dreams no matter what our skin color is and no matter how we grew up.

Unsurprisingly, I also have some questions for you. What was it like living in the White House? What are you going to do after your presidency is over (I teared up just writing that)? How was it like growing up with a name like Barack and being a minority? I’m a minority as well, but my name is very… American. Are there any secrets you wish you could tell us Americans but can’t? Was the food at the White House good? Can you cook? Can you sew? Can you jump-rope backwards? Where do you think you’ll be in the next five years? Are you still going to be involved with politics after this? Or at least be a public political official? How is Hawaii? I’ve never been there but I heard it’s pretty nice. I think that was an understatement but I don’t think that matters very much. Did you ever do something that you regretted so much before? Have you ever done something so embarrassing that every once in awhile you wake up in the middle of the night and remember it? If you could do anything else with your life, what would it be? What superpower would you have? Do you play any instruments? What instrument would you want to play if you could? What hobby do you most enjoy? What is one thing that you did or said when you were younger that us teenagers just wouldn’t understand today? Do you think any of your daughters will go into politics like you? Finally, and by far the most important question of them all, who is your favorite child? I’m just kidding please don’t answer that.

All in all, this was just a fun letter written by me to you. I am gonna miss you as president. Thanks for what you do, man. (Is that too informal? Will I get in trouble for calling you, the President of the United States, “man”?) Okay, one more question- do you keep in touch with any of your old friends from your childhood/high school/college? Thanks for being such a cool guy. Thanks for being a good president. (Also, thanks for the Affordable Care Act! A lot of people hate it, as I’m sure you know already, but it really has helped a bunch of people that I know and love. ) Thank you for everything.

Thanks Again,

Katelyn Moua