Named for their heart of gold
Anyone who knows me knows how much I adore my dog. I am constantly talking about my love for her. I attribute many of my dog's amazing qualities to her breed. She is a purebred Golden Retriever, and because of this I am a self-proclaimed expert on why these are the best pets a family could have. Here are 11 reasons why Goldens are the undisputed best dog breed in the world.
1. They are beautiful!!golden retriever on gray rock during daytimePhoto by Enis Yavuz on Unsplash
If you don't know a thing about Goldens, you at least know how beautiful they are. Their shiny, long-haired coat is a distinct trait that ranges from a very white, cream color all the way to deep red. Their dark noses, fluffy ears, and deep brown eyes make them a sight to fall in love with.
2. They are extremely gentle.woman in black t-shirt and brown shorts sitting on brown grass field with white dogPhoto by Helena Lopes on Unsplash
It is a true fact that a Golden Retriever can hold an egg in its mouth without breaking it. Their nurturing nature and calm demeanor is a very comforting quality that makes Goldens a joy to be around.
3. Goldens are very easy to train.adult golden retriever with cookie bone on nosePhoto by McDobbie Hu on Unsplash
While they may be stubborn dogs, they are incredibly easy to train. This is mostly because they are people pleasers at heart! (And they'll do anything to earn themselves a little treat for being a good doggy!)
4. They love to cuddle!a woman kissing her dog on the cheekPhoto by Nicholas Brownlow on Unsplash
This may come as a shock to Goldens, but they are not lap dogs. While they may like to think its okay to lay on their human's lap and cuddle, they don't realize that eighty pounds of pure fluff can be a little harder to cuddle with. Even if they can be huge, cuddling with Goldens is worth the pain.
5. Goldens are America's favorite family pet.golden retriever lying on floorPhoto by Eugene Chystiakov on Unsplash
Golden Retriever's make the best family pet. They are very patient and loving with babies and kids, and their love knows no bounds. Every person in the house is apt to adore their Golden, and their Golden is just as likely to love their family as well.
6. They love the water!golden retriever in water during daytimePhoto by Marina Helena Muller on Unsplash
Because they carry a heavy coat, the summer heat can be hard on Goldens. As a result, they are quite the swimmers. They love to play around in the water and feel the cool sensation on their long hair, as well as dropping all their toys in the pool and making you dive to the deep end to get them.
7. They are obviously very photogenic.golden retriever puppy on grey wooden fence during daytimePhoto by David Moynihan on Unsplash
As you can see, Golden Retrievers are very photogenic. They love to be the center of attention, and always want recognition. That means trying to get a great shot for the 'gram won't be a problem.
8. Goldens are super playful.golden retriever biting white and pink ballPhoto by Isaac Mehegan on Unsplash
Any time is play time! Goldens are professional fetchers. Whether it's a lacrosse ball, tennis ball, field hockey ball, soccer ball, or bowling ball-a golden will try to play with it. Except, sticks, leaves and other animals serve as great distractions to the great game of fetch.
9. There is no argument that they are the CUTEST puppies.selective focus photography of short-coated brown puppy facing right sidePhoto by Berkay Gumustekin on Unsplash
Golden Retriever puppies are essentially balls of fluff with big brown eyes that scream "hug me". The little rascals will get into anything, but its SO hard to say no with that little puppy dog face!
10. Golden are extremely loyal.man standing near Golden Labrador retriever viewing bridge and high-rise buildingsPhoto by Pontus Wellgraf on Unsplash
Goldens will lay by your side when you're sick in bed, they'll bark when a strange car pulls into your driveway, they'll even cry when you arrive home from the grocery store. No other dog shows so much affection and loyalty as a Golden.
11. A Golden Retriever will always love you more than you love them!golden retriever puppy on focus photoPhoto by Bill Stephan on Unsplash
To any Golden Retriever, you are their whole life, their whole world. They live for when you come home from work/school, and they grieve when you leave. Golden's are a gift sent from God as a reminder that there is good in the world-in the form of your dog.