Idea: Colleges Should Be More Festive During The Holidays
Holidays

Dear College Campuses, Please Get More Festive To Help Us Through Finals

The time leading up to holiday break is stressful, and it would be nice if the campus could aid in making this time a little better.

59
Christmas decorations

To us college students, our campus is our home away from home. With finals coming up, that means the holiday season is also upon us. While we students know we need to focus on finishing the semester off strong, we also want to start getting in the holiday spirit long before we actually go on holiday break. It would be nice if the campus itself tried to reflect that.

When we are in our own hometowns, we see neighbors' houses covered in lights and decorations, or holiday parades going down the streets every weekend. It is something that makes us feel that much more festive this time of year. But on campus, it really is not the same. Apart from a few bows hanging here and there, or the decorations we decided to cram into our own dorm rooms, the holiday season on a college campus just does not feel the same.

The time leading up to holiday break is stressful, and it would be nice if the campus could aid in making this time a little better. While we are not asking for every yard to have a holiday blow up, or every building to have a crazy number of lights, this place would feel more like our second home if we were able to feel as festive here as we are in our own hometowns. It would be great if this cold weather could be accompanied by a strong holiday spirit.

Put up some wreaths, place holiday music in the dining halls, even just put some lights around the light poles outside... anything to help us students feel like we are not missing out on the feeling this time of the year is supposed to bring. Depending on each of our workloads, not every one of us has the opportunities to go out and get festive on our owns, so we would love it if our universities could aid in helping out those who cannot do so.

Overall, college students are just like anyone else who loves the holidays, except with a larger workload that may get in the way of bringing on this spirit. College campuses, please help us turn this stressful time into a more bearable one. A lot of us love this time of year and would hate to miss out on the usual feeling of excitement. Please make this place make us feel more at home.