Is Being Gay A Sin?
Christianity

To The Christian Who Acts Like Their Sins Are Different Than Other Sins, They're Not

Many Christians believe their lives are lived more Godly than others and I am here to tell them it's false.

290
woman reading bible

First thing first, I am a devoted Christian who reads my Bible everyday and gets Biblical notifications on my phone throughout the day. However, I do sin — everyone sins. That is something between us and God though, not each other. On another note, I do have some friends who are non-Christians.

Now when I tell others that I usually get an, "Oh my goodness, I do not understand why some do not believe" or a, "That is the worst sin of all, not believing."

Well, no, it is not.

I live in a very small town and one thing we all have in common is our religion. However, we each live our lives differently. I am here to explain, using God's word, that a Christian's sin is no different than other sins. Not all Christians live like this, it is simply just talking about some I have either grown up with or have encountered in my life.

The first sin I want to talk about is the judgment of others.

"Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." — Matthew 22:37-39 KJV.

This states that everyone should love others as they come. Not love only those of your race, or only love those who believe, or only love those who are nice to you. This states that you take others as they come with no question.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." — Matthew 7:1-2 KJV.

This states that we should not judge others because we will be judged by a higher power. We should not judge others because it will only come back to us, not those we judged. These verses do state that judgement of others is a sin; it is the second commandment. This states that those who judge others based on what they wear, what they do, or how they live is a sin. Several people try to act like judging is not a sin but the Bible says otherwise.

The second thing I want to discuss is those who do not believe or know Jesus Christ as their Savior.

Many people have different values and customs of how they were raised. Many people were not brought up into a Godly life or even knowing who He is.

"Jesus said unto them , If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth." — John 9:41 KJV.

This verse means that if you were blind and had no clue of Jesus and the life we should be living, you will have no sin. However, if you do know the sin will remain. There are several other verses that I will not go into detail with but I will list them: Luke 12:48, Ezekiel 3:20, and Romans 2:12, all King James Version. So to those who think not believing is a huge sin, it is not. Of course it is terrible to not know the love He has for us, but God says to not judge them and that if they die truly knowing nothing, they will die with no sin.

Lastly, I want to discuss that all sin is equal.

No person on this Earth is better than the other. I am no better than the next; you reading this are no better than me. Many will say "Oh, I know this already," but are living like they are better than others. Of course God sees that murder is greater. I want to focus more on how some people are gay (which is a sin) and those who judge that person for being gay. Those two sins are equal. You being judgmental of how a person lives their life is the same. Verses include John 1:8-10, Romans 6:23, Matthew 12:31, John 3:15. The list goes on and on. The Lord is saying to not compare yourself to others but to know that you are no better than they are.

I am not writing this to offend anyone but to educate and make others aware. The world is a harsh place today and it is easy to get caught up and get confused. I have heard many people make racial comments and act as if it is okay. I have seen Christians judge others and act as if it is okay. I have seen people be very rude towards one another and act as if it is okay. We are here to love one another and spread the word of our Lord and Savior. Not to embarrass or harass each other.

God said put aside your differences and love one another. John 4:19 KJV states, "We love him, because he first loved us," all of us not just certain races, or people with certain values. ALL OF US. We should always remember this. We are all children of Christ and we should act like we are all one instead of dividing each other. We will all end up in either two places.