I Started A Bullet Journal And I'll Never Go Back To An Agenda
Lifestyles

I Started A Bullet Journal For 2019, And I'm Never Going Back To A Normal Agenda

Planners gonna plan.

128
bullet journal
Chantal Canales

I am the kind of person who loves to plan. I always get excited about purchasing a new agenda for each school year, use it for a month or so, and give up. I love writing things down, but when it comes to an agenda it was structured in a way that wasn't helping me reach my goals.

Then I learned about bullet journals.

The concept around bullet journals, an increasingly popular trend in journaling, is complete creativity. You have the power to design and create each page however you want. The bullet design is made to be used as a guide, allowing you to be free with your journaling, goal setting, and whatever you want to do with it.

People use colored pens, stencils, brush point pens, and highlighters to design their page to their liking. You can create a journal to fit your needs. Do you want to lose weight? Create a page to track your progress as you eat better and work out. Want to read more books? Write down all the books you want to read and check them off as you finish each novel. Need to plan your week out? Use a spread or two to layout all your projects, appointments, and assignments. The possibilities are literally endless, and I am here for it.

The problem with a normal agenda is that it is structured with one function: to schedule your life. With my bullet journal, I am able to paste in motivational quotes, write out my goals, and plan my day all in one place.

My 2019 Inspiration PageChantal Canales

Every page won't be perfect, and that's okay. My journal is representative of me, my goals, and my life. The pages will come to life as I go through and design my life the way I want it to be. And later on in life, I can look at this journal to remember what was happening at this point in my life.

One problem I have with new years resolutions is my inability to stick with them. Halfway through the year, I may give up and just retry the following year. As I began my bullet journal, I took the time to write down my goals with little checkboxes next to them. I hope that this will help me stick to my goals through all of 2019.

I'm designing my life, one page at a time.