You Need To Start Bullet Journaling Because It's​ Perfect For Everyone
Lifestyles

All you have to do is pick out a journal and a trusty pen.

31
Matthew Henry

Around this time last year, I was obsessed with bullet journaling. I had discovered bullet journaling through Pinterest and I loved the idea that I was able to be creative with what I loved to do: plan my life. Specifically, I used the basis of bullet journaling to make my own weekly planner. I am very picky about the layout and design of a planner that it made all the sense to make my own through bullet journaling.

Bullet journaling is simply a way for you to be creative while you plan out anything you can dream of and it can basically break down into any category you'd like it to be. You can use bullet journaling as a way to write your to-do lists, a way to plan out your meals for the week, or what kind of workouts you'd like to do. I've used mine to plan out my weeks and I've gotten inspired time and time again with Pinterest on how I should organize it.

There are bullet journals people have out there that are extremely flashy and you can get there if you want, but as long as you have a system you enjoy, then you'll be all set. This is why it can be for anyone who wants to put in a little time, get inspired, and be creative with whatever you'd like to accomplish.

I love the idea of creating your own journal the way you want it to look because it is a way to showcase your interests on paper. Not everyone is alike when it comes to what they enjoy and how they want their things to look, which is why I think this is an amazing opportunity for anyone. All you need to do is pick out a journal (Target is perfect with their selections) and whatever you'd like to use to write with. I love using colored felt-tip pens and I always research the brand because I hate it when it bleeds through the paper (I'm very particular if you couldn't tell).

The amount of time you put towards your journal is completely up to you. There are templates, many examples on Pinterest and even Instagram accounts that focus on showcasing people's journaling techniques. It's so easy to get inspired and want to do everything possible with journaling, but the burnout can happen just as easily.

It's important to remember you aren't going to get to where other people are in their bullet journals when you just start. In fact, it's hard to compare yourself to others because no one's journal is going to be exactly the same unless you're copying something from Pinterest - then I guess you can be hard on yourself there.

If you've ever questioned whether or not you can be that bullet journal type, I'm telling you now to just go for it. There is nothing negative that can come of this experience! Let your creativity flow.