Best Natural Anti-Aging Skincare Products
Beauty Fashion

Age truly is just a number. It's a state of mind. And as the years add up, we only get better, accumulating wisdom, grace, and true contentment.

7

Now, if we can accumulate those things while maintaining a smooth and bright complexion, so much the better.

It isn't easy to hold on to youthful glow as the years slip by, especially since so many of the anti-aging solutions offered to us are loaded with chemicals that only do damage in the long-term. The most important first step towards a radiant complexion that lasts is to always choose natural and organic products. Skincare isn't about adding unnatural substances to trick your skin into looking better. It's about giving gentle care to the skin you have, working within the laws of your skin's physiology to give your epidermis what it needs most.

Of course, there are a lot of natural cleansers, toners, and moisturizers out there. When it comes to anti-aging, narrow down your options by opting for the following ingredients.

Fight Signs of Aging with Citric Acid

Citric acid is an alpha-hydroxy acid that definitely has your back when it comes to the most obvious signifiers of a life fully lived. This ingredient promotes the production of collagen, the protein responsible for your skin's firm, smooth texture. Collagen fills in lines and wrinkles, so the more you produce, the younger your skin will appear.

Citric acid also corrects dark spots on the skin, sloughs off dead skin cells, and encourages new skin growth, all of which reduce the visibility of age-related blemishes such as age spots and scars.

Get Soft, Supple Skin with Glycerin

As we get older, our skin inevitably becomes drier and less elastic. So when you look for skincare products, opt for ingredients that moisturize your skin in a sustainable way. Glycerin is an absolute rockstar when it comes to moisturizing. This ingredient literally attracts water. When you use a cleanser or product containing glycerin, the glycerin draws water from deep within your skin up to the top level for a soft and even texture.

Reap the Benefits of Plant-Based Oils

Glycerin is at its best when combined with plant-based oils containing emollients (found in coconut oil) and occlusive agents (found in olive oil). Emollients fill the cracks in dry skin with lipids, recreating that smooth surface we all took for granted in our youth. Occlusive oils don't add moisture, but they do trap it against the skin, forming a barrier to prevent the loss of moisture.

These are not the only anti-aging benefits of plant-based oils. Olive oil, for example, is positively loaded with skin-enriching vitamins, including Vitamin K which can reduce the appearance of stretch marks and spider veins. Vitamin A stimulates cell growth, and Vitamin E heals skin damage. That's a pretty solid formula for a bright, youthful glow.

Another plant-oil that does right by your skin is coconut oil. This one contains collagen components to fill in wrinkles and reduce the appearance of fine lines. Not to mention, it's a stellar moisturizer.

Lavender Water

There's not much discussion out there about lavender water, but this ingredient actually does a lot to give aging skin the love it deserves. The vitamins contained in lavender are anti-inflammatory, calm redness, and soothe the skin. And while you definitely want to steer clear of synthetic fragrances, the gentle, natural scent of lavender is a great stress reliever and can help you get a better night's sleep. One of the best things you can do to preserve your skin is to give it a little rest.

The bottom line is: You can't freeze time and you can't stop physiology. But you can pamper and preserve your skin. After all, it's the only outfit you'll wear every day for the rest of your life. It's worth a little extra attention and care.

We recommend organic, all-natural products like Le Lores' Organic French Olive & Coconut Oil Body Wash or Natural & Organic French Soap. These products contain many or all of the ingredients listed above to ensure your skin stays in top condition, year after year.