12 Apps You Were Addicted To In The Early 2000s

12 Apps You Were Addicted To If You Had A Phone Before You Turned 14

We were all obsessed with these ones...

822
iPhone

So I was the girl who didn't get her first iPhone until she was 14 years old and a freshman in high school. I did have an iPod given to me in sixth grade and a separate phone that could only call and text (that was given to me in fourth grade).

I went crazy for that iPod. It was my everything during middle school (which is weird to say now). My friends and I would post the weirdest stuff and play the weirdest games. Unfortunately, I am still finding those embarrassing Facebook posts I made in my memories and deleting every single one of them. Here are all the go-to apps that we were obsessed with before we turned 14.

1. Vine

Vine had to be the first one on this list. Vine was so iconic. Every time I opened this app, I knew I was going to laugh. Making a vine was so much fun even though they mostly were just us videotaping random stuff like our dogs or what we were eating for dinner but, I would do anything for Vine to make a comeback... #RIPVINE

​2. Pic Collage

Instagram did not allow multiple posts at this time so when we were posting our happy birthday posts to our BFF, we had to use Pic Collage to show off all of our embarrassing photos together. I'm glad not as many people do the 100 photos in one collage thing anymore because that was rough.

​3. Instagram

Instagram is still iconic but, it was so different when we started using it. No one cared what their aesthetic looked like or how many likes they got and Instagram models were not a thing yet. It's still my favorite app but the app itself (and the way we want our followers to see us) has gone through a lot of changes!

​4. Cookie Clickers

The object of this game is to sit there and tap your screen as fast as you can to get cookies. Once you have enough cookies, you can purchase stuff in the store for the game. A lot of games like Cookie Clickers have come out and I don't know why we were so obsessed. Every time I played, my fingers ached and my battery was drained. It was fun but, very tiring.

​5. Kik

This app was where you could talk to people without your parents reading your messages (sorry, Mom). Basically, as long as you had this app downloaded, you could talk to anyone whether they had an iPod, iPhone, or Android. Everyone my age was saying "you got Kik?".

​6. 8tracks

8tracks was an app I liked using way more than Pandora. This app was where you could create your own mixes of music or listen to others' mixes. This app introduced me to a lot of songs I still listen to today. Kind of reminds me of SoundCloud but, with better music.

​7. Clash of Clans

Clash of Clans was what all the boys talked about back in my middle school. This game is where you can build your own town and fight other players who try to take down your town. Now everyone plays Clash Royale which was released in 2016.

​8. Flow

Flow was addicting. You had to connect one color to another color in a pattern that will leave no spaces unfulfilled. It got harder and harder as you went up the levels but, it was so fun and relaxing.

​9. Flappy Bird

I was terrible at Flappy Bird. I think my high score was 15 but, everyone played this game. It was so sad when they took it off the App Store for that period of time but, now it is back!

​10. Unblock Me

I never did well at this game but I saw a lot of my classmates play Unblock Me. You had to get the red block out of the pattern by strategically moving all of the other blocks that only either went up and down or side to side. Aggravating most of the time but, satisfying when you get the red block out.

​11. Draw Something

Draw Something was so fun. I played this game with a lot of my Facebook friends. It is basically an online version of Charades. You are given are word and you have to draw what that word represents so your friends can guess what the word is and your opponent does the same for you. I spent hours on this game.

​12. Dubsmash

The closest thing we have to Vine nowadays. This became really popular in late middle school early high school for my classmates and I. If you don't remember what Dubsmash is, it is an app that plays a funny sound, song or dialogue and you could reenact it while taking a video.

We spent way too much time on our phones back in the day but, every time I opened these apps I was very entertained. A lot of these apps are still on the app store but, they were just so much better before 14 when our only worries were what level we were on or who we were talking to on Kik or how many loops we got on Vine.