Every Woman Gets Completely Baby Crazy, We Just Need To Make Sure To Ask The Important Questions
Health Wellness

Every Woman Gets Completely Baby Crazy, We Just Need To Make Sure To Ask The important Questions

It's like every time there is a new baby around, we all lose our shit and want one of our own, BAD.

159
https://unsplash.com/photos/ZtLASJerPb0
Valeria Zoncoll

Odds are if you are a woman between the ages of 18-35, you have had a baby-crazy moment or two. What is a baby-crazy moment you ask? It's basically when you see a baby that belongs to a family member, close friend or hell even a stranger, and you become obsessed with the idea of having your own. Sure it sounds sweet, but its actually terrible.

Scenario: Your best friend since high school comes over to show off her new bundle of joy (yeah, you're showing off. YOU CAN'T FOOL ME SHEILA.) You hold the baby for the first time and feel overloaded with feelings and thoughts like: "Holy shit this is the cutest thing I have ever seen" or "I definitely deserve a miniature version of myself to love and cherish." Then you turn to your boyfriend of a year, make a face and he seriously questions your sanity.

So sure, we look insane, impulsive and selfish (among other things) but can you really blame us? I'm pretty convinced men must also have similar thought processes when seeing a new baby, because how can they not? Perhaps its just all of the societal constructs and all that pain we endure from the patriarchy that keeps them from expressing they are also human being who lack rational thought when it comes to tiny little poop machines.

Or maybe they don't and I'm just saying all of this to placate my own insecurities, but whatevs.

What makes us get so baby-crazy though? Is it something in our DNA or does it have more to do with our sense of our own personal value? Maybe it's a little bit of both. Either way, it seems like an unfair burden for us to bear. I know women who aren't even interested in child-rearing and they still wind up experiencing these incredibly powerful urges to procreate.

But hold on, it gets even worse! Once the baby-crazy hits, YOU SEE BABIES FREAKING EVERYWHERE. It's like God is playing some sick joke on you to see whether or not you follow through with the impulses brought on by your crazy ass brain. And your poor S/O has to sit through it all, assure you it's not too late for you to have a baby and try really hard to not actually get you pregnant.

Now, I know what you're thinking "How could it be really hard?" -- Well to put it mildly, a baby-crazy woman can present some really compelling arguments. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the age-old "But I bet it will feel so good." I guess I forgot to mention these women may be insane, but they can also be masters in manipulation if they are focused enough.

I guess the moral of my story here is you are not alone in feeling baby-crazy. We all go through it. Just make a promise to yourself to seriously ponder the important questions like: Does the world really need another you? Can you even support a baby? Do you have a sperm donor who is actually interested? If you answered no to any of these questions, then trust me, the baby-crazy will pass and you'll go right back to your normally crazy self.