How To Become A Morning Person
Life Stages

6 Things I've Done To Become A Morning Person

You have to motivate yourself to stick to this change.

41
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-in-grey-jacket-sits-on-bed-uses-grey-laptop-935743/

This quarter my class schedule went through a huge change. For 2/5 days of the week I have class until 2pm or later while the rest of the week I have class starting at 9:30 am. I realized I needed a morning routine because my sleeping schedule and life was a mess. On the days I had class until the afternoon I was waking up until 10 am and felt like my day was gone, while on the days I had early morning classes I woke up with just barely enough time to change my outfit and head out the door. I was miserable and tired and needed some order in my life. I just wanted to be productive and healthy. For the past few weeks I've been making changes to my morning routine and can honestly say I'm becoming a morning person. Even though there are some days when I snooze that alarm - I can definitely say that these changes have had such a positive impact in my life. So here are some things I've done to make this change in my life and that you can try to!

1. I  chose a time to wakeup that was doable for me

https://unsplash.com/photos/-Wd8gStxy3s

I've been watching so many videos of people who wake up at 4 am or 5am, and although I wish I could be that typeof person, I just knew that life or more specifically that wake up time ain't for me. So depending on my schedule for the next day I wake up at 6am or 6:45 am. It gives me enough time to do my whole morning routine without sacrificing hours of sleep.

2. I started looking forward to my morning tea

https://unsplash.com/photos/DFtvglCPWjY

Recently I tried the best tea in the world (shoutout to my unsweetened ginger chai tea) and I love it so much! Every morning I look forward to making myself a cup. It gives me the motivation to spring out of bed and start my day.

3. I  make time for quiet time

https://unsplash.com/photos/UIib0bAvWfs

Since the beginning of this year I've made reading my bible and prayer an intentional daily decision. So when I wake up I grab my devotional and take a few minutes to pray and just thank God for a new day, for my family, and for well everything and anything. It's a great way to start my day and it fills me with peace and joy. Out of all of the changes I've made to my morning routine, this one has made such a big change in me. You need to try this and see what a big positive impact it makes in your life. You just go into your day with a positive and refreshed mindset and it's amazing !

4. I  do stretches or exercise

https://unsplash.com/photos/PHIgYUGQPvU

Depending on my schedule for that day, I decide whether I'll do a set of stretches or a full blown workout in the morning. It's so easy to go on youtube or use a workout app and just start your day with some stretches. It wakes your body up and gets you ready to walk all over campus for the day! Plus, call me crazy but it actually does give you energy to workout first thing in the morning.

5. I  give myself enough time to get ready

https://unsplash.com/photos/5gkYsrH_ebY

My mornings had always been in a rush and looking good or doing my makeup were probably the last things on my mind. But I've started to give myself the time needed to do this and there's something about giving yourself time to look nice that just makes you feel really good and confident.

6. I  eat a  healthy breakfast

https://unsplash.com/photos/HlNcigvUi4Q

You know what they, "breakfast is the most important meal of the day." It gives me that energy boost to feel like I'm ready to take on the day. Also, my breakfast doesn't look as nice as this picture but I sure wish it did.