A Thank You Note To Those Who Have Served Our Country

I want to thank you for every single thing you've done to protect our country.

494
Buffalo Valley

Dear soldier currently in service and veterans who have served in the past,

Well, this article is going to be my attempt at finding the sufficient words to simply thank you. I want to thank you for every single thing you've done to protect our country. And while I may not have all the words to do so successfully, I feel that most times you tend to be looked over. You deserve appreciation, recognition, and most importantly, love for what you've sacrificed for the rest of us.

You were brave enough to do what most cannot do: put your country before yourself. You risked your life to fight so that we may live freely in America—and for that, I thank you. You're brave. You're courageous. You're strong.

I feel as though we take our country for granted. We take for granted the small freedoms that you and those before you fought for. We have become so numb to the small things. We don't realize how truly blessed we are to have the freedoms and opportunities that most people in other countries don't. This can no longer be the case. Freedom came with a price. A price of blood, sweat, tears, and fear. We are free because of you and your sacrifices.

I can't thank you enough for going through rigorous training, going to war, and risking your life for our country, and for me. Thank you for placing yourself between danger and our country. Thank you for braving the unthinkable terrors and horrors of war. Thank you for sacrificing time with your family and putting your plans on hold to keep our country safe. I know I'm not only speaking for myself whenever I say, thank you for your service.

I thank you for your commitment and dedication to our country. I wish I had better and more sufficient words to thank you for the many courageous and brave acts you've committed for our country. The acts you've performed are priceless, things I won't ever be able to repay, I am eternally grateful for you, and for your service towards our great country.

When I see the slogan, "Make America Great Again," I laugh. I laugh because we already have people like you working hard to keep America great. America isn't a bad country by all means. And your services make America that much greater. I am proud to live in a country where we are free to practice freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and freedom of assembly. Not every country has those delicacies, but we do. And it's because of people like you that we are able to be free.

Independence is a word that sweetly rolls off of my tongue this Fourth of July, because instead of just shooting off fireworks for fun, I'll be shooting them off with an appreciative purpose, celebrating the services you've given our country.

Thank you for your service.

Sincerely,

An eternally thankful American