The Best Time To Trust

The Best Time To Trust

When you can't imagine the possibility.

42
The Best Time To Trust
Evan Kirby

Trust; a fundamental, yet so commonly misunderstood concept many of us ignore like the person in gym class who doesn't wear deodorant. Instead of befriending trust and welcoming it with open arms, we neglect and take advantage of its gifts.

Much of the time, it’s a practice we take advantage of when the circumstances of our lives are more than wholesome. When we got that promotion we worked hard for, bought that nice item we couldn’t afford before, or took a vacation we had been planning for months, we can so easily express our great ability to trust in the direction of our lives.

Anyone can believe when their thoughts continue to be validated day to day. When your luck is so darn on point, you revel in it, savor it, and enjoy it! Why not? These are the moment's of life worth living- nothing’s better than kicking back and enjoying the fruits of labor.

Having trust can easily become a disposable form of income; whether directed at ourselves, our closest family, our coworkers, or a higher power this sense of security will always be taken for granted. But, like everything, trust can also be temporary.

Most of the time, situations that wait for us in the future will spend much of our currency. Ready or not, there will be trials, twists, turns. Some unique to your life, others universal to the living. The job lifted from under your feet, the lack of direction in your life, the loved one who cheated on you, the illness your closest friend is battling, the person who passed away suddenly; these will be the hardest times to trust.

When your world seemingly crumbles with every turn, that first inclination can many times be fear; the loss of control grabs you and shakes and does not let go.

These will be the times you realize you have the least to give, but these are the most important times to know how. These are the times to give the most kindness back with trust.

Let these moments remind you not to forget good fortune. Use the fault lines to learn where to support the foundation, not guide the breaking. Allow yourself time, nurture your body, caress your heart. Take care of those neglected parts of your mind with faith. Learn the art of limitless faith; it won’t change your circumstances, but it will give you the tools to dust yourself off and move forward with confidence.

Remember that trust guides you back. Don’t forget, because this is when it matters the most.