Learn To See Your Goals Come To Life By Following These 5 Steps
Lifestyles

Learn To See Your Goals Come To Life By Following These 5 Steps

It's easy to see all the choices and possible futures and then be paralyzed of where to proceed or even what to do at the moment.

38

There's so much to do and see in the world sometimes it feels so overwhelming that the prospect of it all scares you. It's easy to see all the choices and possible futures and then be paralyzed of where to proceed or even what to do in the moment. However, there are many ways to try to manage and process through all the fear of uncertainty and indecision about where and how to proceed.

1. Determine your goals or your ideal future

This sounds a lot simpler than it actually is. It requires the emotional intelligence to know and acknowledge what makes you happy and how to do that and the self-awareness and resources to know how these desires and thoughts translate from your emotions. So, write down on a piece of paper things that matter to you and things that make you happy. These should be things you can't live without and that are meaningful.

2. Determine what and who can help support you in your goals

Finding a genuine support network is rare but definitely achievable. This also is only possible if you have already established boundaries. You are valuable and deserve others who treat you with respect and appreciation, want to promote your happiness, and will support you every step of the way. Also establishing what you think you'll need to have you achieve your goals is important. Knowing the necessary resources you need and can rely on is invaluable. Asking for advice from the support network or doing research on your own are both great starts. Write the people and resources down on the sheet of paper as well.

3. Take the time to come up with a game plan

Having a rough idea of how and where you want to proceed is the first step to completing your goals. Taking your idea of the future and taking physical steps to achieve it helps to catalyze your reaching of goals. It establishes the right mindset to complete your goal, as well. With your paper, outline your game plan.

The steps should be realistic and achievable goals. Be honest with yourself how long you expect these tasks to take. Rank them on a scale for hardness and estimated time to achieve goals. Throughout all of this, it is important to be honest and realistic with yourself but also forgiving and compassionate with your limitations. It is important to meet yourself where you are at but also know that your growth is only starting.

4. Stay motivated and tell others your goals

Having established goals and supportive friends and family will help you to stay true to your goals and stay focused and motivated. Stay ambitious! Knowing what you want and how you can achieve it will give you the necessary foundation to keep achieving your goals and as long as the end goal is not lost sight of. You will continue to take little steps towards your goals through everything you do by following the plan. But know the plan is also an outline of the timeline and steps that can always be altered.

5. Know it's OK to be overwhelmed at times but stay positive and don't give up

Anxieties and fears will eventually materialize. "Am I really doing what I want? "Will this make me happy?" "Should I really be doing this or should I give up?" All of these are fears that will eventually come up. It's OK to be overwhelmed because life is overwhelming. It's easy to be saddened as life has many setbacks and struggles and reasons for strife and fear. However, staying positive but also realistic will keep you motivated and help you get the most out of life. The important thing is to not give up and rely on your support network.

I am proud of you, as are all your friends and loved ones. You have fought the good fight. And to keep going is the greatest proof of bravery and strength. You can keep going. You will achieve your goals. You've been doing a great job and will continue to do great things.