9 Best Things About Coming Home

9 Best Things About Coming Home

What makes the Holidays the best

4
9 Best Things About Coming Home

As exam week closes in and my first semester of college comes to an end, all I can think about is going home for a few weeks. With expectations of Christmas and New Years and just being with some of my favorite people, these are (what I think are) the best things about coming home for the holidays.

Seeing Your Siblings

For me anyway, my siblings are very close to me and have been all throughout high school. When I come home, we get to hang out and go back to doing the laid-back fun things that we used to do. We get on our parents' nerves and run off to sonic late at night.

Christmas

Christmas is obviously everyone's favorite holiday thing to do. We get presents, great food, and get to spend time with our (sometimes) favorite people. The best part is watching A Christmas Story on replay all day as we drink coffee and eat pigs in a blanket at my mom's house, and then get dressed up and have a nice dinner at my dad's.

Seeing Your Parents

When I come home, seeing my parents is always the best thing. Seeing their faces light up and getting those big bear hugs just knows how to warm a heart. It also is great because I am back to being the favorite kid again, which always makes my siblings mad.

Seeing Your Dog

I feel like this is a topic that everyone loves. Who wouldn't die when they pull up in the drive way and your dog attacks you as you get out of the car. Although I hate when dogs lick me, I allow it every time because of how happy my dog gets.

New Years

New Years always has an exciting feel to it. You get all dressed up, go out, and get a kiss at the end of the night. It also feels like a new beginning, which is something that always makes me happy.

Home Cooked Meals

The home cooked meals overthrow the Union food any day. My friends and I often go to the Templeton to get a little taste of a home cooked meal, but it can never amount to your own parents' meals. Being able to sit around the table and eat however much food you want really makes coming home great.

High School Friends

Although most of my friends came to Mississippi State, it's fun to get everyone together like old times and just hang out.

Laundry

When you don't have to pay in all quarters for your laundry to get done or tote it to a friends house, it takes a little stress out of your life. It is also even better when your mom offers to wash and fold your clothes, which is something I have come to do very often and very fast.

Seeing Your Grandma

Saving the best for last! I love being able to come home and see my Grandma. We eat and talk about life, whether it is who of my guy friends she thinks I should date, or her memories of my dad and my grandpa. I love being able to lay around and just sit with her.