The 7 Stages of Christmas Break

The 7 Stages of Christmas Break

Happy Holidays!

27
The 7 Stages of Christmas Break

Oh it's the most wonderful time of the year- Christmas break! Your classes are over and it's time to relax before starting new next year. What happens over Christmas break, you ask? Here is the reality of your holiday.

1. Winding Down

Finals are finally over and you start to realize you really don't have any responsibilities. It feels like a cruel joke in the beginning and you start to worry you forgot to do something, but you soon realize that the semester is truly over and you can start to unwind and relax.

2. Not A Worry In The World

Grades are in and what was done is done. You can finally take part in your family's Christmas traditions, wrap presents, and eat delicious home cooked meals without feeling guilty that you're not spending the time studying. There is so much to your vacation left- Christmas isn't even here yet!

3. Christmas

The best day of the year has arrived- Christmas. You enjoy watching your family members' faces light up at the presents you give and get things you never thought you would receive. This was definitely worth working your butt off for in the library two weeks ago.

4. Slight Panic

The adrenaline of Christmas has come and gone. While you're sitting in your kitchen eating leftovers, you begin to think that spring semester has to start eventually. No no, it's not even New Year's yet...there is still time to relax. You then go back to being content with doing absolutely nothing.

5. New Year's

Happy New Year! A new, fresh year is here for you to start over in. You wear your sparkliest outfit and have a great time with your family and friends ringing in the New Year. It's crazy to think how much has changed in a year, but you begin to get excited to see what this fresh start will bring.

6. Full-On Panic

The holiday season is officially over...WAIT, WHAT? You have to head back to school in a few days and face the spring semester. What happened to family gatherings? What happened to sleeping in? What happened to Christmas? This cannot be happening. Where the heck did vacation go?

7. The Sad Drive Back To Reality

You waited as long as you possibly could, but now you have to face the reality that you have class at 9AM tomorrow morning. Break was beautiful and relaxing, but now you have to get to work in the new semester. Maybe summer vacation will be here before you know it, right?

Regardless of how you spend your Christmas break, make the best of the time you have! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all!