6 Times Taylor Swift's 'All Too Well' Made Me Cry

It's such an emotional song.

390

"All Too Well" is my favorite Taylor Swift song, and that is saying a lot, because I'm a major Swiftie. Having to choose a favorite out of her songs was practically impossible for me. The pain, the nostalgia, the hopelessness in this song make it so beautiful. Taylor expresses the emotion in her voice, and always sings this song with so much passion that it gives me the chills every time that she performs it live. The lyrics are so poetic, and it tells a story of falling in love, experiencing absolutely gut-wrenching heartbreak and missing the moments she shared with her lover. Brace yourself for this tearjerker, because here I have listed six of the saddest moments in the song.

"And I know it's long gone,
And that magic's not here no more,
And I might be OK,
But I'm not fine at all."

1. She's trying to move on, but she's just broken because she had such strong feelings for this guy at one point.

"And your mother's telling stories about you on a tee ball team. You tell me 'bout your past, thinking your future was me."

2. This just breaks my heart because she got to know this guy's family, and he even hinted that they had a future together by sharing personal stories with her. But now, all of that is gone away, and she is just left with these little facts about this guy that are now useless information.

"And I forget about you long enough
To forget why I needed to."

3. It's good that she is starting to forget the guy, but at the same time it's so sad to just forget someone that you once really loved.

"And maybe this thing was a masterpiece 'til you tore it all up.
Running scared, I was there, I remember it all too well."

4. At one point, their love was a "masterpiece" -- it was so great. Now that is over and it's just so upsetting that it had to end. To make it even worse, she remembers everything about what they shared, and how she felt, making it so difficult to let go of her past love.

"Hey, you call me up again just to break me like a promise.
So casually cruel in the name of being honest
I'm a crumpled up piece of paper lying here."

5. He calls her up again, which made the healing process even harder for her, because she got false hope that he may have wanted to speak to her and work things out again. The metaphor of her being a "crumpled up piece of paper" gets me every time, and I can really feel just how broken she is.

"Time won't fly, it's like I'm paralyzed by it.
I'd like to be my old self again, but I'm still trying to find it.
After plaid shirt days and nights when you made me your own,
Now you mail back my things and I walk home alone."

6. She lost a part of herself loving this guy because she gave so much to him. When we fall in love, we all hope that we don't lose ourselves and our ability to be alone, but that's always nearly impossible when you start to care for someone so much. Also, before, the two lovers were one, and she always had him there for her, but now she is all by herself again.