5 Things I Secretly Watch On TV

5 Things I Secretly Watch On TV

Everybody has those embarrassing things they watch on TV.

22
5 Things I Secretly Watch On TV
wikia.nocookie.net

Television is an intrical part of everyone's life nowadays. A lot of times, you can tell a lot about a person from what they watch. For instance, my favorite things to watch on TV consists of mostly sports, politics and crime drama. As we grow and mature, the things we watch on television tend to mature, but, I believe everyone has that "guilty pleasure" or that show that they watch that they don't necessarily want the world to know about. So, here are five things I watch on TV that I don't like to publicize.

1. SpongeBob SquarePants/ Nickelodeon

I've been watching SpongeBob SquarePants for as long as I can remember. Even to this day, when I see it on the TV Guide I can't help but turn it on. I know every episode, from the Hash Slinging Slasher to Doodlebob to Pizza Delivery. I tend to enjoy Squidward more than any other character now that I'm older. But, being a 24 year old man, watching SpongeBob SquarePants on almost a daily basis is probably not something I should be proud about.

2. The WWE

Yes, I watch professional wrestling, I have ever since I was little. I remember when I first started, I was laying in bed in the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. I remember seeing guys like Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, Stone Cold and Triple H. The men who perform in WWE are tremendous athletes. The craft is fast-paced and physical. However, when you tell somebody you like professional wrestling they tend to laugh because it is scripted and fake. The typical image you have of a WWE Fan is a nerdy, 40 year old man living in Mom's basement. So I just keep my Fandom on the down low.

3. Fox News

I mentioned in my opening paragraph that I liked politics. As far as the political Spectrum goes, I tend two slightly lean toward the right. I try to be as Fair minded as possible and get as many perspectives as I possibly can. So that includes me watching CNN and MSNBC along with Fox News. However, social media in general tends to be extremely liberal. So, any mention of Fox News or any slight sense that I might give of agreement with them,wouldn't go over well.

4. The Food Network

Now, you might say what's the big deal? Everybody watches the Food Network every now and then. But, I would say that I probably watch it more than I should. I'll turn off major sporting events to watch shows like Diners Drive-Ins and Dives and Beat Bobby Flay and the Spring Baking Championship. Not something a big sports fan like me wants publicized.

5. Disney Movies

Disney movies are huge part of all of our childhoods. They fill us with nostalgic feelings and happy memories. However, men especially tend to move on from Disney movies. I might certainly be over generalizing but intend to gain interest in cars in sports, leaving The Lion King in the distance past. But for me Disney movies have always been part of the present. Maybe, I never wanted to let go of those nostalgic feelings. Or maybe I just love watching Anna and Elsa with my niece and nonchalantly turning up the volume when Let It Go comes on.

So, there you have it, five things I watch on TV that I never wanted people to know and that I'll probably regret writing about as soon as I submit this article.