4 Reasons Wedding Planning Is Challenging

It's alright, we'll all come out alive and loved.

11
Dana Tate Wedding

Why is wedding planning intimidating? It's such a special day-- one to be shared with family and friends celebrating the joyous union of two people. Or maybe the serenity gets lost among the vendors throwing business cards at you and people asking you why in the world you'd have your wedding there. Please excuse my sarcasm. Even with such supportive family and friends planning this shindig is still scary. Here are four reasons planning a wedding is complicated and why I'm pretty sure we'll all make it.

1. Your entire social media feed is wedding advertisements.

Where did all the friends go? You no longer have any. All you have are ideas for cakes that probably don't even taste good. Don't even look for a photo of an engagement ring unless you're trying the knot in less than a year because the advertisements will drive you insane. But on the up-side, there's no lack of variety in wedding inspiration.

2. Scheduling a wedding can be a nightmare.

No matter how far in advance, people will never be able to coordinate schedules, even for an important event like a wedding [not to mention all the necessary appointments leading up to the bid day]. Just how can you choose between your grandma and your best friend? Pro tip: [who am I kidding, I'll never be classified as a pro] Those who love you will be understanding. If someone is offended by the date of your wedding, they probably didn't need to be there in the first place.

3. Registries might make you have an anxiety attack.

"Here's a list of two thousand essentials you absolutely need to have." But what if I end up with no towels and five toasters? No worries, just return all of them. People will buy super useful things and there will likely be some randomness you don't need. It's really not a big deal.

4. How is Jesus at the center of this?

In such a ridiculously expensive industry, how can Christians keep the main thing the main thing, namely, Christ? The phrase "it's your day" is constantly thrown at brides, and I'm sure it comes with sweet intentions. True, it's not my sister's or cousin's wedding, it's my fiance's and mine. However, no day is mine; they're all God's. A wedding should be focused far more on God's grace and abundant love than cake or flowers. It takes intentional work to keep Christ the focus sometimes, but it's more than worth it friend.