21 Thoughts Student Teachers Have When Shopping For Classroom Clothing
popular

Unfortunately, "There are so many options!" isn't one of them.

14970
Busca Tu Bienstar

Finding classroom-appropriate clothing is a real struggle for teaching majors, especially if your university or placement school has a strict dress-code. Here are 21 thoughts every student teacher has when searching through the racks at Target (or Walmart, or Kohl's, etc.).

1. Does this dress make me look like I'm 40?

2. Is "right above the knee" long enough?

3. How would I ever match this to a top?

4. How many times a week could I wear these pants and get away with it?

5. Why is everything sleeveless????

6. I'm not even gonna bother trying to match jewelry with this outfit.

7. Why is everything so sheer????

8. Okay, there is way too much black in my cart.

9. Maybe I should try wearing colors again?

10. Except, the last time I wore yellow the kids said I looked like a banana.

11. Black it is.

12. Oooh! That'd be cute for Friday night!

13. Wait--stay focused.

14. Oh, I'm suuuuure I'll be able to sit on the floor in that pencil skirt.

15. What's my school's policy on open-toed shoes? Aka--can I just wear my Birkenstocks every day?

16. Is this dress marker, glue, and booger-resistant?

17. Can I just wear t-shirt dresses every day?

18. This looks like one of my kids designed it.

19. Woah! Thirty-five dollars for a blouse???

20. I'll have to take an extra shift next week to pay for this.

21. *Sigh* Why can't teachers just wear scrubs?

My advice? Avoid the stress and frustration of in-person shopping and look on Amazon for some age and setting-appropriate clothing. I practically have a whole closet full of things I've found on there. (Plus, students can get free shipping!)