20 Things I'm SO Glad Happened Before I Turn 20

Beautiful things come with age.

128

I turn 20 this year, so I thought what better way to commemorate it than a list of essentially my top 20 moments. Here we go.

1. Going out of the country.

The summer going into my senior year I got the opportunity to go to Italy and Germany for 2 weeks. I absolutely loved it because you realize how big and beautiful the world around us is.

2. Doing a beauty pageant.

Life. Changing. #MissCongeniality2017

3. Getting accepted to every college I applied to.

I applied to 8 schools with varying expectations, giving me a great upper hand with making my choice.

4. Getting to do my favorite sport in college.

One of the main reasons I chose my college. Even though me and track have our ups and downs, I'm still glad I get to do it everyday.

5. Appling for a random roommate.

I was terrified about this aspect of college. But in my case I ended up finding a new best friend.

6. Joining a sorority.

At the beginning of college I didn't feel like I truly fit in. But once I found my girls, everything else fell into place.

7. Majoring in something I love.

I was told from a young age from a teach of mine that I shouldn't be a scientist, but rather go for a more girly field. The day I got that thought out of my head was when I became genuinely happy.

8. Taking AP classes.

This was nice. Even though only 3 credits transfered, I'm still happy I took these classes.

9. Learning I'm an artist.

My senior year is when I really outdid myself in proving to myself and others of my talents as a painter.

10. Getting my art published.

BEST DAY EVER OKAY THIS IS ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THAT.

11. Writing poetry can heal any, and all wounds.

Broken heart? Write poetry. Sad? Write poetry. Need an Odyssey article? Write poetry.

12. Learning that some boys don't give a shit.

If you are a female you'll learn this at some point.

13. Getting super close with my siblings.

I don't know what it was, but now that we're all adults I feel so much more closer to my siblings than I did when I was younger.

14. Having foreign exchange students.

Shoutout to my Thai sisters Fern Gully and Beam Bag <3

15. Getting put on antidepressants.

Taking them does not make you weak, it makes you human.

16. Finding out that knowledge is beauty.

A smart brain can get you to more places than just a pretty face.

17. Going to college out of state.

It does suck sometimes but it definitely gives me more room to grow.

18. Becoming more self-confident.

When you love yourself and don't care about how other view you, that is when you can be truly free.

19. Realizing if it's meant to be, it'll be.

Some things are meant to not work out. That doesn't mean you should beat yourself up and be sad because of it.

20. Joining the Odyssey.

I love my Odyssey family and all the things that come with it. Thanks for keeping me writing.