It's finals time.
That means only a couple of things are on fellow college student's minds: how much knowledge they have to cram into their brains, food, sleep (or lack thereof) and coffee.
"DID SOMEONE SAY COFFEE?!"
Now, many college students turn to caffeine in hopes of remembering everything stored away in the crevices of their brain from that far away land called "the beginning of the semester." But for many of us, caffeine is not just a necessity over finals week — it's a lifestyle.
In celebration of the best kind of "liquid courage," here are thirteen struggles every caffeine addict can relate to.
1. The thought of a warm mug or travel cup in your hands literally gets you out of bed.
2. This mug describes your lifestyle so perfectly you could cry.
P.S. I really need this cup in my life. Can someone get it for me? Please. I'm serious.
3. You cannot, and will not ever, understand the point of decaf.
Can we just take a second, though? If you like the taste of coffee, why are you not enjoying the best part of it?
4. Half of your Instagram feed is composed of artsy coffee pictures.
5. And one of your biggest goals in life is being able to make cool latte art.
6. You dreamed of becoming a Starbucks barista in high school.
I mean, it just looked like the best job ever, right?!
7. Then, you applied to become a barista. And probably acted so overexcited you got rejected.
8. You try to understand tea people.
But you just don't get them. Where is that wonderful bitter flavor? Tea is basically just hot water!
9. You live for "coffee breaks" at work/school.
10. When you're halfway through a cup of espresso and just get really excited for life:
11. You've taken a shot of coffee creamer before.
The holiday ones are just too good to be true.
12. This video hits a little too close to home.
13. No matter how people try to make you cut back, they just don't get it.
You've probably used the excuse, "At least I'm not addicted to real drugs." And it probably worked.