12 Last Minute Gifts To Buy Your Bestie If You’re Ballin’ On A Budget This Christmas

On the first day of Christmas my fellow college student gave to me…

553
https://www.instagram.com/orthodoxmom/

The final countdown to Christmas is ON! If you've procrastinated shopping like the vast majority of Americans and are scrambling for some budget-friendly gift ideas, look no further than this list that I made AND checked twice.

1. Journal & Pens 

What girl doesn't need a good journal?? The beginning of the year is the perfect time to start a new journal for school, note taking, quiet times, or just having a place to write out your thoughts. With the new year (and decade for crying out loud) right around the corner, the timing is perfect. I don't know about you, but I'd never say no to a solid notebook. Plus you can even add cute pens or markers for a perfect way to complete this gift!

2. A Pajama Set

https://www.instagram.com/wink_and_a_twirl/

Pajama sets are so underrated!!!! I have so much pjs, one for practically every occasion, and they just make me so happy. I love coming home and getting cozy after a long day. Pajama sets can easily be found at Target, or even TJ Maxx and Marshalls for a super decent price. Girls love cute pjs, it's science.

3. Stickers

Between water bottles, laptops, and notebooks, the surface area available for sticker placement just keeps on growing. Lucky for you, you can browse a million different options on Redbubble! They are 25% off if you buy four, and 50% off if you buy ten. What a steal!

4. A Gift Card

If you can't afford what you know your bestie truly wants, chipping in with a gift card can be just as thoughtful. We all love Madewell, Lululemon, Adidas, and Apple, but I don't think any of us college kids will be gifting Air Pods this year. However, with enough gift cards, any purchase is possible. It's a really good way to show you pay attention to what they like even if you can't splurge on it yourself.

5. A Coffee Mug

https://www.instagram.com/chicwithasideofchampagne/

I know, I know. This one is pretty obvious. Take it from me, a girl who has practically a whole cabinet for her coffee mug collection, you can never have too many mugs. I especially love drinking out of mugs that people have gifted me because it makes me think of them! Mugs are something that can be personal and they're so easy to give (and receive hehehe).

6. A Best Friend Date 

If you and your sister from another mister love going somewhere, take her there! The zoo, your favorite lunch spot, a museum, the possibilities are endless. Experiences make just as good of a gift, if not an even better gift than a physical thing.

7. Socks and/or Slippers

It's that time of year where the toesies get cold!! I think the biggest shift of adulthood is when socks go from being the lamest gift to the most prized possession. The more socks I have, the longer I can go without doing laundry, and I can finally toss all the ones with holes in them. It's a win-win. I also have a new pair of slippers from Old Navy that I religiously throw on the minute I get home. It's so nice to let my feet be unaware of just how many crumbs are on the floor. Nothing says "I care about you" more than helping those you love achieve warm feet.

8. Scrunchies

https://www.instagram.com/targetstyle/

A girl can truly never have too many! I know there are plenty of scrunchies I have temporarily fallen in love with but have held off on because I just can't justify spending $10 on one scrunchy. But these bad and boujee hair accessories can make the perfect gift! Velvet? Leopard print? Built in bow? It's about time us ladies spoil one another.

9. Something Hobby Related 

No one knows your best friend quite like you do so I can't tell you what this gift is specifically, but help her thrive! Support her! Does she love to paint and needs new brushes? Is she a runner who could use a new headband to help with those flyaways? Does she love to make scrapbooks and would use a disposable camera to death? Personalization is the most heartfelt form of gift giving in my opinion. Everyone wants to feel known and loved!

10. Pay for a Date Night 

If your bestie has a man in her life, gift her a date! Do you know that they frequent the movies or their favorite Italian place? I bet she would be so blessed to be given a free date night, and I bet her boo would be super flattered that you had him in mind too. It's one thing to tell your favorite couple you ship them and it's an even better thing to show them!

11. Christmas Decor

https://www.instagram.com/hobbylobbylife/

What girl doesn't love to decorate? This time of year Christmas decor is quite literally everywhere, so why not spread the Christmas cheer!! Even if you don't give it to her until on or after Christmas, she'll be pumped to have something new for next year! After Christmas Hobby Lobby marks all their Christmas down 75%, now THAT is a good deal and a great gift!

12.Handwritten Letters 

Writing is absolutely free!!!! I truly can't think of a single reason someone wouldn't want to receive a heartfelt letter. You could write a bunch of "remember when..." letters, a bunch of "Open when…" letters, or just a long and sweet letter to let her know how much she means to you and how much you love her! Sometimes it's the little things that mean the most.

AND REMEMBER, you do NOT need to be stretched beyond what you can take this holiday season. You don't have to buy, exert your time, or exert your energy beyond what you can healthily handle. This season is about LOVE. The people near and dear to your heart will know you love them gift or not. The most important thing to spend this Christmas is time with each other, not money! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all you givers of gifts and joy!