13 Bible Verses To Get You Through The Hard Times
popular

"There is nothing wrong with a little encouragement."

4453
Chloe Logan

Life can be tough at times and it can be difficult to do it on your own. Here are 12 verses that have helped me through the hard times that I hope will be able to help you. And if you are in a good place in your life there is nothing wrong with a little encouragement.

1. John 16:33- I tell you these things to that you may have peace. In this life you will have trouble, but take heart! I have overcome the world.

This is one of my all time favorite verses. I use it as a constant reminder to not lose hope, because Jesus has overcome all that I am facing. If you are ever struggling to have peace in your current situation, remember that Jesus wants us to have peace, and He tells us to take heart, because He has overcome the world!

2. Joshua 1:9- Have I not commanded you? Be Strong and courageous, do not be discouraged for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

I have known and has this verse memorized since I was a little girl, and it only becomes more relevant as I get older. If you read the context of this verse you find many other times where God is telling Joshua to be strong and courageous. In verse 9 He is just reiterating what He had said many times before, but for some reason Joshua and his people don’t seem to get it. This is true in my life too. I am called to be strong and courageous, but I do often find myself afraid and hesitant. I use this verse as a reminder to be strong and courageous in every situation!

3. Romans 8:28- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

When your situation seems too much to handle, or like it is not turning out how you would like it to, it is so important to hold onto these words. God has a plan and it always works out for our good and His glory.

4. John 13:7- Jesus replied “you do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand."

Time and time again we are presented with situations that we may not understand. We get confused and maybe even frustrated when things don’t go as we planned, but this verse is to remind us who is in control. We may not understand the reason now, but it will all come together with a purpose eventually.

5. Philippians 3:14- I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

It can sometimes seem so much easier to just give up, or become complacent, but this verse is such a boost of encouragement to know that someone has gone before us and was able to press on. It also helps us realize that our focus should remain fixed on Jesus.

6. Psalm 27:14- Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart, wait for the Lord

Again with the take heart! This verse helps us to remain patient when it feels like we are waiting on God for something. We are able to be strong and have courage in times of waiting .

7. Lamentations 3:22-23- Because of the Lord's great love for us we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Technically this is 2 verses, but I just had to put both. It is so refreshing and encouraging to hear that His love will never run out on us. We are not consumed, because the Lord loves us and is always there for us. His mercies are new every morning and his faithfulness is great. These verses bring hope into a tough situation.

8. 2 Corinthians 3:17 - Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

This is a good reminder for when you feel chained down to something. God gives us freedom in His Spirit

9. Exodus 14:14 - The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still.

This helps me when I feel like I need to take control of my life. I am reminded that my life is in His hands, and in some situations I only need to be still and let Him take control.

10. Psalm 139:14- I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

It can be hard to do what we need to do when we are feeling down on ourselves. This verse is a reminder that God created you for a reason, and that His works are wonderful!

11. Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

This goes back to giving up control and handing it over to God. When I feel like I need to make a tough decision, or I am trying to do things on my own I am reminded that I need to trust in God with everything.

12. 1 Peter 5:7 - Cast all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.

How comforting is it to know that God cares about us so much that He is willing to take on our worries. If you struggle with worry and anxiety, go to God about it. He cares and wants to help you.

13. Isaiah 43:2 - When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

When life gets hard and it seems like we are going through so much, God is still with us. He is with us in the storms and in the flames. He will take care of us and not let us go down. He is with us always!