11 things that you're doing with your phone that are rude
Lifestyles

11 Rude Things To STOP Doing With Your Phone

Have you ever felt sad, left out, or unappreciated by the people in your life because they're too caught up in their phones?

1088

Have you ever been in a situation that you find yourself blaming phones for making society so bad or rude? Have you ever felt sad, left out, or unappreciated by the people in your life because they're too caught up in their phones? You're not alone and I'm here to say that I, along with a lot of other people feel the same way.

There are the things that you should and shouldn't do to avoid being rude with your phone and here are just a few things that everyone needs to absolutely stop doing with their phones while out in public or when you're with other people.

1. Looking at your phone while someone's talking to you

I've had this happen to me so many times and I feel like I'm not being listened to. Sometimes I just wanna yank their phone away from them and ask them if they're even listening or if they even care. Looking down at your phone, not making eye contact (even taking the phone out of the situation) makes people think that you're not listening and you don't care. Take the phone away from your face and show that you're listening

2. Texting another person when you're hanging out with someone

Although everything on this list is incredibly rude, THIS is by far probably the most hurtful. It makes the person think that you're talking about them with the person you're texting. And, like in the first example, it makes the person think that you're not listening or don't care that they're there at all.

3. Playing music / videos out loud (in a public place)

If you don't think this is rude, there's something wrong with you. And if you are someone who does this you don't deserve a phone. Sometimes I'm tempted to ask them if they'd wanna borrow my headphones (That's the equivalent of coughing around someone who is smoking).

4. Facetime-ing / taking a phone call in a public place

If you're in a restaurant or you're hanging out with your friends somewhere, take the phone call where there are less people (or no people at all). Why would you want people to know your business anyway?

5. Taking photos of your food / who you're out with

Literally no one cares what you're eating except you and maybe like 2 friends. Yes, I'm guilty of this too but literally no one cares who you're with, and if you're doing it, you're probably trying to show someone who wasn't invited or some other ill intention reason

6. Showing someone else your phone screen when you don't show the other

This is basically the equivalent to inviting someone somewhere in front of someone else who you're not inviting. Just show them the screen, it's not a big deal

7. Taking a picture with one of your friends but not the other

This is also basically like not inviting someone because it's showing the world "look I hung out with this person and no one else", a punch in the face to that (those) other person (people). It's just mean to not include people you're already with, and instead have them take the picture.

8. Talking to someone with headphones in

Another version of you may as well be speaking to someone with no ears. It's just so rude. Your hearing and multi-listening skills are not that great that you can both listen to music and have a conversation with someone at the same time.

9. Texting one word responses

You. are. a. boring. person. if you text one word answers. And if you're doing it on purpose, at least say something like I'm busy or even make up a lie if you don't wanna talk to the person anymore.

10. Ignoring people

This goes in any given situation. If you're at a grocery store and you don't look up or end the call while at a register, you're being rude. If you're on your phone when someone walks into a room, look up from your phone and acknowledge them. They could be having a bad day, and no communication is also communication that you don't care about them or you don't even notice them.

11. Not taking a good (70) picture(s) of someone

(No seriously) When someone (a girl) asks you to take a picture of them, they are expecting a mini photo shoot. You are obligated to take about 70-100 pictures from different angles (ask them their good ones), and direct them like a good photographer would. You're not a real friend if you don't do exactly this