How would you feel if a man sang these?
1. "Hands to Myself" by Selena Gomez
I think we can all agree that "Hands to Myself," though incredibly catchy and fun, has some not-so-subtle sexual implications that not everyone may appreciate.
Gomez tells her man that she "can't keep [her] hands to [herself] / no matter how hard [she's] trying to" in hopes that he will accept her advances because of how difficult it is for her to control herself. These lyrics suggest that just making an effort to respect your partner's wishes warrants their eventual agreement to sex as a reward for good behavior. And it gets even worse in the bridge when she nonchalantly sings, "I mean I could, but why would I want to?" If a male artist sang this song, there undoubtedly would be an outcry against it, and yet Gomez has not received any criticism for her lyrics at all.
2. "How to Be a Heartbreaker" by Marina and the Diamonds
4. "Your Body" by Christina Aguilera
5. "Ex's and Oh's" by Elle King
6. "Blah Blah Blah" by Ke$ha
7. "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor
8. "Make Me…" by Britney Spears feat. G-Eazy
9. "Work From Home" by Fifth Harmony feat. Ty Dolla $ign
10. "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen
11. "Obsessed" by Maggie Lindemann
12. "Taste" by Betty Who
13. "Get On Your Knees" by Nicki Minaj feat. Ariana Grande
14. "Love Game" by Lady Gaga
15. "Peacock" by Katy Perry
16. "S&M" by Rihanna
17. "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga
18. "Upgrade U" by Beyoncé feat. Jay-Z
19. "Talking Body" by Tove Lo
20. "Hands on Me" by Ariana Grande