Fun Things To Do To Pass The Time On A Rainy Day
Nature Animals

10 Things To Do That Can Add Some Sunshine To A Rainy Day

Rain has a negative connotation to a sad and boring day, but there's more to do than just sit around and hope for the sun to come shining again.

116
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-in-black-hair-1129039/

You're getting ready for your day about to leave the house and all of the sudden the clouds deliver a shower of water that cancels all of your evening plans. Some enjoy these moments to just relax and stay in, while others find the drops hitting the window as a reminder that there's not much else to do but wait for it to stop. I personally enjoy a day that includes listening to the thunder as I cozy up on the couch. Here are a few things to do on a gloomy day to make it a little brighter.

1. Organize your closet and donate old clothes.

This is one of my personal favorites to do on a day that I know I'll be inside looking for something to do. It can be fun to discover clothes you forgot you had, as well as setting a bag aside of items that you know you never wear.

2. Draw or paint a new masterpiece to decorate your place.

Whether you're artistic or not, you can have a little fun creating designs and mixing colors for a few hours.

3. Pick a new movie or show to watch.

Since you'll be sitting around waiting for the storm to pass, pick out a movie you've been meaning to watch but have been putting it off. Pop some popcorn, pour some wine and relax on this unplanned day in.

4. Call family or friends to catch up.

Everyone loves to receive a call from someone they love, so calling mom or your best friend to talk about life can brighten up a rainy day.

5. Put on some music and clean the house.

The one thing that can be the most frustrating about a day in is not feeling accomplished or that the day was wasted, at least for me. Throw on some dancing music and getting motivated to clean the fridge or mop the floors can be very empowering and help pass the day.

6. Read a good book.

Reading is definitely one thing that I am a slacker in, but it can be so rewarding when you travel to a new world or learn about another person's life. Books are powerful and can do so much for a person, especially when the rain is getting you down.

7. Cook a delicious meal for one.

A night in is a good time to reflect on your schedule for the upcoming week. Pairing this along with a rom-com or drama can make for an unexpected and great date night for one.

8. Do your laundry and wash sheets and blankets.

Before you throw on that movie, put some laundry in the washer to both relax and get some chores done at the same time. Laundry is one item on your to-do list that can get put on the backburner, and eventually piles up until you have no other clothes to wear.

9. Play video games on your gaming console or phone.

Dependent on the type of person you are, playing games can be either relaxing or exhilarating. Even if you do this at any point of the day through any weather, it can still be fun to get to that next level or unlock that new achievement.

10. Update your resume or website.

Personal growth and development can often be a hard thing to find time for if you're busy working or caught up in life. But if you can find the time to do it, then take advantage and work on what you've been putting off.

These 10 things are just the beginning of what you can do on a day where it seems sad and dreary. Everyone is different and will enjoy one or the other, but a rainy day can offer so much more than sad clouds. By thinking about the positives that those drops of water from the sky can offer, you can make a happy day from any circumstances.