My Top 7 Favorite Video Games
Games

My Top 7 Favorite Video Games

These seven games, my goodness they're good.

325
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDzYEy5fgJ8

If you know me, you know I love to play video games of several different varieties. I love them so much that I often take time to stream them on a platform called Twitch (Give me a follow if you can :D twitch.tv/kylostrawberry)!

Every game on this list has given me a significant amount of (for lack of a better word) fun, but not just that, video games have always been an escape for me. An escape from all the responsibility, sadness, or just life. These are the games that have provided that for me, and if you check them out, might do the same for you.

1. "Star Fox 64" (1997, N64)

Source

What can I say about this game? I love every single aspect of it. The multiple routes, the multiple endings, the beautiful score, the intense graphics, and the cautionary tale of a war-torn galaxy all contribute to it's awesomeness. I can't recommend this game enough if you haven't played it.

2. "007: Nightfire" (2002, GCN)

Personal Photo

I believe that "007: Nightfire" was one of the most underrated games of all time, and I recently played it through on my stream. This game was so ahead of it's time in design, graphical beauty, and the advanced gameplay. I have many a memory playing through this game as a 4th grader on each difficulty, as well as schooling my brothers at the multiplayer. Amazing game that needs to be remade.

3. "Goldeneye: 007" (1997, N64)

Source

Another James Bond game on this list, "Goldeneye" was my entry into the FPS genre, which is probably why I'm so bad at them now, because "Goldeneye" was all about rushing in and mowing down guards aplenty. This techno music, amazing graphics, and competitive multiplayer all contributed to the ridiculous amount of hours I put into this game.

4. "Spider-Man 2000" (2000, N64)

Source

"Spider-Man 2000" was one of the first video games I ever played, and I think one of the best voice acted games in the history of video games. Being able to meet the various Spider-Man villains, solve puzzles, and fight tough boss battles made it one of the toughest, diverse games I've ever played. Spider-Man is my favorite superhero probably because of this game.

5. "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe" (2017, Switch)

Source

In my opinion the best entry in the Mario Kart franchise, this was the first game I ever played on Switch, and I was immediately enthralled. I'm a little upset that it's been overshadowed by Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (a, in my opinion, worse game), but this was to be expected. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the most complete party game I've ever played and would provide anyone hours of fun regardless of ability.

6. "Pokemon Red" (1996, Game Boy)

Source

I remember taking a family vacation to Colorado as a kindergartner and playing through about 1/2 of this game on the car there and back. I picked Bulbasaur as my starting Pokemon and level it up all the way to a max Venesaur. That's how much time I put into the game. It's impossible to describe the entire game, just go play it if you haven't.

7. "Madden '07" (2006, GCN)

Source

The only sports game on this list, "Madden '07" was something I shared with my older brother Tim quite a bit. I was always my Patriots, and I received a handful of beatings from my brother's Chiefs. It was supposed to be a football simulator, but it really was nothing close. It was more of an arcade football game, throwing 40 yards downfield running backward. Solid game, lots of memories.